New England Greetings

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
My first post to this site. Hello to all.

I've decided for some reason to play/donate to the Derby City Classic One-Pocket tournament. I'm not a total novice to one-pocket, as I miraculously cashed in the one and only 1-hole tourney I've played in. Of course, my grandmother is losing her sight as are the rest of her compadres at the rest home...

Anyway, if anyone within, say 3 hours of Worcester, MA (SteveNH?) would like to get together some weekend before DCC, I'd be happy to learn basic nuances that I know I don't know. I know I have little chance at the DCC, but I don't feel like getting embarrassed.

Regards,

Fred Agnir

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Fred,
Welcome aboard, good to see ya posting here.

If I were 2400 miles closer, I might take you up on a little One Pocket practice.

I will not be attending this years DCC because of work. But, I sure hope they decide to do the internet b'cast again.

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
Greetings

Greetings

Hi Fred,

Welcome to the one pocket forum, I am a friend of Steve's, Steve and I are also going to play pool at the Derby City Classic, Steve signed up for the one pocket and I signed up for all three (Banks, one pocket, 9 ball), we've also been getting ready for the tournament by getting together once or twice a week (usually Wednesday, Saturday), we will play two games of banks, two games of one pocket, sometimes a set of straight pool, etc. (with alternate break), we've been doing this for several months.

If you choose a day of the week I'm sure that one of us or both of us can join you for some practice, almost any location from here to Worcester would be acceptable for me (only 1 hr, 10 minutes to Worcester).

I'll be seeing Steve today, will get more information.

The upcoming weekend would be good for me, after that with the holidays coming it will become more difficult.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Smitty :) :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Welcome!

Welcome!

Fred Agnir said:
My first post to this site. Hello to all.

Anyway, if anyone within, say 3 hours of Worcester, MA (SteveNH?) would like to get together some weekend before DCC, I'd be happy to learn basic nuances that I know I don't know. I know I have little chance at the DCC, but I don't feel like getting embarrassed.

Regards,

Fred Agnir

Welcome to 1p.org, Fred. I wish I could attend the DCC, but I can't take the time off. If you get together with that NHSteve, though, watch yourself. At the GCC he drew me into a substantial side wager on the first Buddy Hall/Marco Marquez 1P match, where he insisted I take Hall. I lost, of course, so be careful he doesn't sneak up on you... :D

Doc