Hall vs. Jones 1998 W.O.P.

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
maybe knock the 7 into the 1/13 and leave the CB against the 15 not leaving much of a shot on the stripe, and moving a ton of balls to JJ's side?

mosconiac

Verified Member
The 4B bothers me, but I will probably block his banking lane with a thicker hit on the 9B with the 15B...

t-dog

Verified Member
mosconiac said:
The 4B bothers me, but I will probably block his banking lane with a thicker hit on the 9B with the 15B...

15 off the 2,14,3,5,8 combo and kill the rock......lol. I would sooo shoot this because I know I can control whitey

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I'd either shoot some version of Gerry's shot, or I'd bank the 12 ball(?) to make it, while billiarding the cueball 3 rails and back to below the striped ball on Buddy's long rail.

- Ghost

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
Is the bank on the 12 harder than it looks or would you be worried about leaving a shot for Hall. If you don't make the 12, it will set up in front of your pocket.

Attachments

• Hall vs. Jones 1998 W.O.P. - OnePocket.jpg
    Hall vs. Jones 1998 W.O.P. - OnePocket.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0

timdog24

Verified Member
View attachment 1901

Not sure if it lays right, but if it does you could cut the 7 towards the 8,9 and the cue ball will glance off that stripe and stick in the pack while opening up more balls on your side.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Banking the 12 and going 3 rails doesnt do much good unless it works out perfect. Tdogs shot might work, but I like the 7 -1 combo and slide the Q between the two stripes for a safety and moving balls to my side.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i like this
a top player should be able to keep the q around the opponents hole and not scratch
bh1.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Gerry said:
maybe knock the 7 into the 1/13 and leave the CB against the 15 not leaving much of a shot on the stripe, and moving a ton of balls to JJ's side?

I like this shot with inside draw and stick in the stack. I'd try to cut it past the 1 ball into the 8/9 balls if possible.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
timdog24 said:
View attachment 1901

Not sure if it lays right, but if it does you could cut the 7 towards the 8,9 and the cue ball will glance off that stripe and stick in the pack while opening up more balls on your side.

Good eye Tim, sorry I didn't see this post earlier.:( I'd have given you credit, with the layout. ;) :p :D
Rod.

senor

Verified Member
This was back when JJ was better known as the Sea Turtle :) I like Tim and Rod's shot. That's sneaky good.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
mosconiac said:

mosconiac,

Try to know with almost certainty where all of the balls are going and your game will go up, probabilities in this layout can hurt you.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
ace said:
Is the bank on the 12 harder than it looks or would you be worried about leaving a shot for Hall. If you don't make the 12, it will set up in front of your pocket.
Ace,

Yes, the bank is harder than it looks and you will never keep the cueball from traveling much further than that on this shot. It would have to go at least 3 rails as the Ghost so hilariously suggested as his 2nd option;) .

If you made the 12 you wouldn't have much else to do and you'd be risking a lot to make it.

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ace,

Yes, the bank is harder than it looks and you will never keep the cueball from traveling much further than that on this shot. It would have to go at least 3 rails as the Ghost so hilariously suggested as his 2nd option ;) .

If you made the 12 you wouldn't have much else to do and you'd be risking a lot to make it.

Dennis

Dennis, sshh!....With our DCC match ups coming up, I'm trying to give disinformation on my shot choices to Papie and John H....;)

- M.O.M.N.

timdog24

Verified Member
androd said:
Good eye Tim, sorry I didn't see this post earlier.:( I'd have given you credit, with the layout. ;) :p :D
Rod.

No worries Rod. I know I'm playing pretty good wei 1hole when we like the same shot.:)

corpse

new way of looking at shots

new way of looking at shots

androd said:
I like this shot with inside draw and stick in the stack. I'd try to cut it past the 1 ball into the 8/9 balls if possible.
Rod.

Nice shot being new to the game I wouldnt have looked in that direction

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
timdog24 said:
No worries Rod. I know I'm playing pretty good wei 1hole when we like the same shot.:)

Tim....Quit giving Rod the soft con will ya :rolleyes: he's too old and smart to fall for it, and you're never going to run into him in a poolhall anyway...:D

- Fantasma