A tribute to the Ghost

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Lately the Ghost has been providing us all with a great deal of entertainment in the form of wwyd threads. In recent months, he by far, has been the one doing this.

These wwyd threads are widely accepted by most of us as educational tools designed to enlighten us about the game we all equally love. He does this freely and unselfishly for the same reasons the rest of us chime in our solutions to these sometimes complex problems. They are fun, and they help us improve. They provide a platform by which we can voice our individual conclusions and debate other's ideas and defend our own one pocket thoughts.

Ghost's solutions have not always been accepted by many of us as the best answer to these threads. Though I have, on many occasions, been a contributor as one with contrarian opinions to his thinking, I wish to state now that I am very appreciative of the hard work he exhibits in producing these threads. On the other hand none of us are always right, including me of course, and many times there is no right answer for all players. I think that statement is universally accepted. (Rob may be the only exception to this rule.) :D

Anyway, I thought it fitting to offer this thank you to Luke "Ghost" for these efforts. Please, if you are in agreement with this, state your thanks as well.

Thank You Ghost.

Tom

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Lately the Ghost has been providing us all with a great deal of entertainment in the form of wwyd threads. In recent months, he by far, has been the one doing this.

These wwyd threads are widely accepted by most of us as educational tools designed to enlighten us about the game we all equally love. He does this freely and unselfishly for the same reasons the rest of us chime in our solutions to these sometimes complex problems. They are fun, and they help us improve. They provide a platform by which we can voice our individual conclusions and debate other's ideas and defend our own one pocket thoughts.

Ghost's solutions have not always been accepted by many of us as the best answer to these threads. Though I have, on many occasions, been a contributor as one with contrarian opinions to his thinking, I wish to state now that I am very appreciative of the hard work he exhibits in producing these threads. On the other hand none of us are always right, including me of course, and many times there is no right answer for all players. I think that statement is universally accepted. (Rob may be the only exception to this rule.) :D

Anyway, I thought it fitting to offer this thank you to Luke "Ghost" for these efforts. Please, if you are in agreement with this, state your thanks as well.

Thank You Ghost.

Tom

I most heartily agree.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
A tribute to the Ghost

Indeed. Thank you so much Ghost!! As a token, here are two Ghost peppers from my garden 😁. Hot as you can handle.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444682684.678328.jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
As Ghost's (well-paid) #2 fan, I'm embarrassed that someone else beat me to this.

I dogged it.

You 'da Man, Mr. Ghoastie.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I most heartily agree too. I have only posted a few WWYD's over the years, and guess what the reason is? It's a lot of work and on top of that is the astuteness in the game to recognize a situation that will invite good dialogue in the first place!! It's not that easy!

Plus, once you have posted your opening WWYD, it basically takes on a life of its own, so it is no longer just "yours" anymore -- it kind of becomes common property as others chip in.

So yes, thank you again Ghost!!!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
WWYD's

WWYD's

I agree. While I don't comment on many, I check them all out.

I am staying undercover until after the S/S and then I will show all you guys the correct shots.:lol (Even Hacker)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
For anyone playing the Ghost
We assume all his victims are toast
But under that sheet
There's an ass and some feet
so he's no more exotic than most

Not exotic, but savvy and generous. Thanks, Luke - you continue to be a big factor in this fine site. Sharper than everyone except . . . well, anyway, plenty sharp.

Bill

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
discounting his questionable choice of baseball teams to root for and paying those two bangers to move around my feet every time i got down on a shot my last trip to chicago......;)

yes. thanks ghosty.
:D

GoldCrown

Verified Member

Thank You Ghost.

Tom

Well stated Tom. ......thanks Ghost. It's people like you that keep the fun and interest ongoing.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Yes I'm always interested, and as I've said before good job. Thanx.

I've suggested Jeff go to Chi town and take a dozen or so lessons from you to learn how to move.

BTW he won the tourney at Bogies Saturday from the amateur side. 9ball I think.
Pretty good shooter.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
after getting up at 4 am yesterday to catch a flight to chicago
and then spend 5 hours with the ghost......:eek:.....:)
i was too tired to go online last night
i didnt want to be left out and not also thank ghost for all his years of contributing to the site :)
and especially recently practically singlehandedly
providing the wwyd 's and thru them the opportunity to learn from others perspective and the ensuing sit com that follows...:D
let me add ghost in his lessons preaches all the attention to detail and nuance when making a shot choice like he emphasises here in his posts
there is alot to learn from him.:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Sorry Ghost,
A bit pre-occupied these last few days, but I would be terribly remiss if I didn't show appreciation for your studious campaign to find worthy Wwyd's for us to mull over and learn from here at onepocket.org.

You are without a doubt one of the mainstays here, and I can truthfully say you enlighten all of us with your posted selections. They are well done and always thought provoking, which in and of itself provides ping/pong like banter and sometimes slightly heated debates among the postees.

Without your efforts and camera work we would all be starved for topics to talk about and that would eventually lead to boredom and apathy.

However with your ever vigilant eye, you have provided us with new and stimulating wwyd's and this newbie is very appreciative of all you do to keep the blood pumping and the minds churning.

Thank you Ghost,

Keep em coming!!!

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Ghost definitely deserves tons of credit for putting up all these WWYD's... people get all different points of view and then they can make the decision to shoot what best fits their games at the present BUT can also practice other shots until they are more comfortable with them... Thanks Ghost

have a nice day

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Yes I'm always interested, and as I've said before good job. Thanx.

I've suggested Jeff go to Chi town and take a dozen or so lessons from you to learn how to move.

BTW he won the tourney at Bogies Saturday from the amateur side. 9ball I think.
Pretty good shooter.

Lol,

Find the off switch Rod, ixnay on the 9 ball, this is a one pocket site!

Wish Ghosty would make the trip, he'd earn plenty trying to teach me to move.
Mission Impossible!!!
I'm just to damn DUMB.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Thanks Ghost for all you do here you are truly one of the sites most valuable assets maybe with the exception of a few like, gulfportdoc, miller, straightback, vapros, ill, Rodney, Jeff, Mkbtank, LSJohn, Island Drive, crabcatjohn, Tom Wirth, FastEddieF, mr3cushion, bstroud, Frank, keoneyo, beatle, deeman, dudley, Jimmy B, Brumback, jtompilot, ill, petie, Scrzbill, senor, stevelamako, usblues, wgcp, onepockethacker, Jrhendy, lfigueroa (not excellent choice)

AND OF COURSE ME (EXCELLENT CHOICE)
:p

THANKS FOR EVERY THING, YOU DO.;)

Dr. Bill

keoneyo

Verified Member
A true one pocket man. A friend. Thank you Bruce. Come back to HOB anytime. It would be an honor.