lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i dont remember the member who really liked the side rail break
but he might like this wwyd...:)
i havent watched the whole game/match yet
but ike decided to to kick bank to start the match
(fwiw he started out to break from the right side rail to have the lower right pocket but changed his mond to break from here for the same pocket
di40.jpg

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
u12 from indy is a big proponent of the side rack break i think.

not sure where they are going, but not staying there and moving some furniture my way....

larrysiderailbreakreturn.jpg

:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Simple safety called for here = bank the 11 back into the center of the stack - cueball goes into the long rail and comes back to rest frozen on the center of the foot rail.

- Ghost

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
The 8 to 9 bank combo looks good then the cb follows straight forward off the 10 along that line of four balls to the side rail.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
u12 from indy is a big proponent of the side rack break i think.

not sure where they are going, but not staying there and moving some furniture my way....

View attachment 12823

:eek:

Nice shot and very creative. The six should come back and really open balls to your side. The only down side is would you be able to generate enough back spin with the cue ball being so close to the object ball. looks like you would need a pretty big stroke to draw the cue ball around.

Also you would have to be careful of the ten ball pushing the eight ball into the path of the cue ball.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Simple safety called for here = bank the 11 back into the center of the stack - cueball goes into the long rail and comes back to rest frozen on the center of the foot rail.

- Ghost

If I am left on the center of the foot rail I am going to be playing the 15 off the 9 ball unless they get moved. If the shot goes then game over and if not the position left after the shot will be worse then what is shown right now.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
If I am left on the center of the foot rail I am going to be playing the 15 off the 9 ball unless they get moved. If the shot goes then game over and if not the position left after the shot will be worse then what is shown right now.

Your shot, as per what I would be leaving my opponent, was taken into consideration by me before I made and stated my choice - and it's one of the three reasons why I said the cueball needs to be left at the "center of the foot rail".

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

I see your shot, but I don't get the "game over" part.... I don't see reason to be at all confident of having another shot. 9 and 14 leave, 11 is in the stack (maybe after clipping the 8)....

Maybe you'll have the angle to draw to Darren's long rail and out for the 1, 7. Is that what you're thinking?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I see your shot, but I don't get the "game over" part.... I don't see reason to be at all confident of having another shot. 9 and 14 leave, 11 is in the stack (maybe after clipping the 8)....

Maybe you'll have the angle to draw to Darren's long rail and out for the 1, 7. Is that what you're thinking?

To draw the 15 into the pocket, you have to follow the CB into the stack. :)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
To draw the 15 into the pocket, you have to follow the CB into the stack. :)

I see what you mean (you're seeing it into the long-rail corrner with center CB) but I didn't know that high vs low would make that much difference on a carom like this.

Thanks

I didn't used to be a slow learner, but I 'spect I got me somma that 'ere auld tymers kickin' in. :eek:

And besides, I ....................................... this damned dog is............. think I better have .......

Why'd I come in here?

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY

I think you have a better then 50/50 chance of getting a second shot if that 15 ball goes and at these guys level it is probably curtains. Personally I would thin off the 5 ball as opposed to what Ghost suggested and go down table getting to the end rail and leave a bad angle shot on the 7 ball at most which Ike will not shoot even on those buckets. I should be coming back to the table in a better position to do something then what is pictured.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I think you have a better then 50/50 chance of getting a second shot if that 15 ball goes and at these guys level it is probably curtains. Personally I would thin off the 5 ball as opposed to what Ghost suggested and go down table getting to the end rail and leave a bad angle shot on the 7 ball at most which Ike will not shoot even on those buckets. I should be coming back to the table in a better position to do something then what is pictured.