You Need Two

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AYnc1HAOh3JaUY1PTYj4Qdvr@[/CUETABLE]
you have pocket A and its your shot. 14 ball shouldnt be there. ill re do the table

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I guess I would combo into the ball and pocket the hanger so it spots up and the other ball will move to my hole, cue ball should stay on his side of the table around the pocket I dropped the 8 ball into. Got both balls in play which is nice. :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this is agood timw for people to get used to the new weii.
lenny lets see what the others come up with.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AAOf2HaUe1PUGh@[/CUETABLE]
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AAOf2HaUe1PUGh4QdWx@2AAOf2HaUe1PUGh4QdWx@[/CUETABLE]
i forgot to mark pocket A

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
This is a playable shot that someone showed me a while back.....

it might not be perfectly represented in the wei but it can be done. :)

Dudley

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AAOf2HaUe1PUGh4QdWx2UAOf2UBUl2Uaxw4UbCh2caUe2ccIt1kUGh1kCCW2kawe4kHQl4kbXh2kYfO4uBvN@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dudley you win the free drinks paid by the ducks tab:p
that was the shot .kudos to you.
kudos to the 2 of you who at least posted to talk 1p and not past greivances:)

Last edited:

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
lll said:
dudley you win the free drinks paid by the ducks tab:p
that was the shot .kudos to you.
kudos to the 2 of you who at least posted to talk 1p and not past greivances:)
beatle your post which ended up in the members section i agree with completely:)

Back at ya lll
thanks for posting the layout..... I haven't been able to shoot this in a real game but once or twice but it does come up.....

Dudley

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
blackeee said:
I'd roll the 1 up on the 8 hoping to knock the 8 off on my next inning.
I kind of like this idea, now that you mention it. You might have a better shot to either make both balls, or a more natural shot to carom the 1-ball off of the 8 next time, or even an opportunity to make the 8 and hide the cue ball under the 1-ball next time. In the meantime, I don't see how you give up anything by playing just a simple bump safety. The position of the 8 diagonally opposite your own pocket makes it easy for you to pocket it relatively safely at most any time, and with your opponent needing just one, they're not likely to pocket it.
Am I missing something?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:
I kind of like this idea, now that you mention it. You might have a better shot to either make both balls, or a more natural shot to carom the 1-ball off of the 8 next time, or even an opportunity to make the 8 and hide the cue ball under the 1-ball next time. In the meantime, I don't see how you give up anything by playing just a simple bump safety. The position of the 8 diagonally opposite your own pocket makes it easy for you to pocket it relatively safely at most any time, and with your opponent needing just one, they're not likely to pocket it.
Am I missing something?
do you think you can hit the 8 and not make it? if you make it its like lennys shot.
what i did not like about lennys shot is you leave a free bank
this shot seems like you can get both balls in play back down table even if you miss the 2 railer. just dont scratch on the 8.:eek:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
NH Steve said:
I kind of like this idea, now that you mention it. You might have a better shot to either make both balls, or a more natural shot to carom the 1-ball off of the 8 next time, or even an opportunity to make the 8 and hide the cue ball under the 1-ball next time. Am I missing something?
Yes, your opponent is shooting after you. :p
Rod.

beatle

Verified Member
eight into the one and leave the eight on the long rail. leave the cue ball about a diamond away from that pocket. now you have one on the spot and one one the long rail. he has no good place to leave the cue ball safe where you cant now get both balls in play or a shot.

on a side note how do you tell if balls are frozen or how far off the rail they are on the wei table. it makes the decision critical on the shot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
beatle said:
on a side note how do you tell if balls are frozen or how far off the rail they are on the wei table. it makes the decision critical on the shot.
make your decision assuming one or the other and someone will surely point out you made the wrong choice.:D :rolleyes:

u12armresl

Verified Member
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AAOf2HaUe1PUGh2UAOf2UaJQ4UaEd4UaEd4Uatd1kUGh1kAWN2kaQn4kAOe4kawi@[/CUETABLE]

I had the same shot in mind except I don't go to make the second ball in case I don't make the first

beatle

Verified Member
i believe this is an example of where the shot choice would change for each of the players. the person needing two would want to make a shot that would get both balls in play real soon.

the person needing one would be making the two rail bank as he will surely at least leave it fairly close and with the back ball safe in the jaws woundn't have to worry as much for leaving a bank on the ball.

i like lennys shot alot if the ball isnt frozen and i could do rail first into the eight ball and make it natural for the shot.

beatle

Verified Member
u12, i think it is a freeroll on making the eight ball if you do the two rail bank. you have to hit it reasonably hard to get it to the hole and the cue ball is going to have running english and want to go back to where the eight is anyway. plus if you make it you get a chance to run out.