S. Daulton vs. L. Gay 2001 D.C.C.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If he could see part or all of the 11, wouldn't the shot have been to bank the 11 into the 13 to clear both balls with a lot of top spin to keep the cue ball down near the foot rail?

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
maybe he got a double kiss???

Looks like he did get a double kiss Larry. It could be that he was even playing for a double kiss but hit it slightly on the wrong side. Had he caught the ball on the right side of center (from our viewing perspective) the cue ball would have rebounded in the direction of the other ball. With a little luck, both balls clear and the cue ball sticks near the corner. Now that would be one cool shot from there!

Tom

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
maybe he got a double kiss???

Yes, he got the dbl kiss but I thought he was purposely playing the dbl kiss. I would think he could have hit the ball maybe 1/3 full with a lot of high and took both out and kept CB down there but maybe it wasn't lying good for that.

Tom: yes, that would have been a heck of a shot from there! :)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Speaking of Lyle, does he still play? Back 15 years or so ago when I was playing every day, he was one of the better local players. Just curious if he is still playing...

One of my best 1p tourney showings I ended up in the finals of the winners bracket with Gary Spaeth at the Shamrock Shootout (in Akron, OH). Gary beat me and Lyle Gay worked his way through the losers bracket to ultimately beat me to get into the finals with Gary so I ended up 3rd. Gary won the tournament. Boy it was hard to beat Gary in a semi-local tournament, he played so dang good.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Speaking of Lyle, does he still play? Back 15 years or so ago when I was playing every day, he was one of the better local players. Just curious if he is still playing...

One of my best 1p tourney showings I ended up in the finals of the winners bracket with Gary Spaeth at the Shamrock Shootout (in Akron, OH). Gary beat me and Lyle Gay worked his way through the losers bracket to ultimately beat me to get into the finals with Gary so I ended up 3rd. Gary won the tournament. Boy it was hard to beat Gary in a semi-local tournament, he played so dang good.

Here he is front left in 93. Fun guy ta be around.

Attachments

• poolplayers 007.jpg
    poolplayers 007.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0