Billy incardona wins the 1st senior onepocket classic

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
congratulations billy
the cream rises to the top...:)
long grueling day of one pocket
jerry matchin /baby huey kudos to you for putting up a tough fight and not giving up even when the odds were against you..:)
congrats to all the players that finished in the money for rising to the occasion against a very tough field.....:)
also a big congratulations goes to ray hansen /bigtruck for providing another flawless stream:)
to jeremy jones for his excellent commentary and endurance too...:)
and to john rizzo and bogies for being the greatest host....:)
here is a pic of the champ and runner up
and the list of players who finished in the money and the payouts
thanks to terry hanna for posting this in another thread

winners seniors.jpg
winners seniors 2.png

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thank you all for the updates too!

...and most of all, thank you to John Rizzo and Bogies for hosting this and the super seniors -- you have really created a couple of monster events for us!!!!

Next year count me in no matter what!!!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Billy incardona wins the 1st senior onepocket classic

Congrats Billy!! You are an iron man!!! And your moving and ball pocketing was really impressive!!

Congrats to all who got in the cheese and who played. What a great event!!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Congrats Dr. Bill!

(I think it was that $10 prop bet I made that pushed him over the edge...JK) :)

well done sir and good job everyone!

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Billy, what a performance you gave. A couple of time I thought you were going to lose a game but you came back to win. I am sure you had a real gut check after you were up 3-0 against Jerry and lost that set, it was like it woke you up instead of tearing you down. Congratulations for a great win!
I saw some great moves from all the players in the finals.
A big shout out to all at Bogie's and to JJ for his insight to the game while on the mike, really enjoy listening to him. When you and him team up on commentating its the best team out there.---Smitty
P.S. See you in Oct.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Great playing Billy.. congratulations.. those pointers I gave you when you were down here paid off..

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
What a great win for you, Bill! You really took care of business. And onepocket.org guys took down the top four spots! Congratulations to Jerry, Wayne and Tom. It was a tough field, and y'all played great!

~Doc

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
Congrats to Billy, and all the people who worked so hard to put this on. Billy could not have got to the finals if he had not squeaked by me 4-0! Looking forward to the Super Senior in October.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Hey Billy well deserved. I watched about 10 hours of you playing Jerry, what a tough match. I knew you would open up so I will buy you a 5 dollar subway sandwich anytime. What heart Jerry has, congrats to everyone that played. Tom great showing too. Tom these old cockers can still play. I'll be there in the next Super Seniors Event. J.J. did great commentating I think the 2 best in the booth are J.J. and Dr.Bill what a great team they would be. I think J.J. knowledge and Dr.Bill's insight are world class level. Billy you earned the new name DR.ONEPOCKET. Sorry I couldn't be there but next time I'm in. Billy gets the CHEESE.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Doc what are the forum names to the other players in the top 4. I know Toms but not the others, except for Dr. Bill, of course.---Smitty
smitty
jerry matchin goes by his name but is also known as baby huey
wayne pullen goes by wayne
joey aguzin goes by joeyA
i am not sure of the others

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Congratulations Dr Bill on a great win. Also, Jerry you play fabulous. What a tough battle! I fell asleep around 11 and woke up around 2 EST and the battle was still going.

A very important lesson was illustrated by both players. Never give up because you can come back...sort of like a chip and a chair at a poker table!

Congratulations to both!

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Well represented

Well represented

Well as anyone can plainly see, Onepocket.org is a force to be reckoned with. If I'm not mistaken, the top six finishers in this tournament are are all members in good standing at Onepocket.org!! Great tournament guys, you all played some awesome one pocket.

Congratulations Dr.Bill, you still have that killer instinct! After you lost the hot seat match to Jerry Matchin leading him 3/0, I thought you were a goner, you looked very tired. But it actually lit a fire under your ass and you came out of the funk you were in and played like a champion. You displayed the courage and stamina it takes to win in the face of great adversity. You mustered up the strength from deep within and played like a Hall of Famer. Great tournament Mr. Incardona, the reigning Senior Classic Champion!

Jerry Matchin, you are one tough S.O.B. You are a great player, it was a pleasure watching you play the game! The cats outta the bag now buddy, everybody knows how good you play the game!! Congratulations on having a great tournament.

Thanks to David Richardson ( owner Bogies ) for being such a gracious host throughout the tournament and also to John Rizzo for seeing to it that we were able to compete in a rap free music environment, among the 100's of other little things they both attended to for us. Thank you fellas, you are both great!

A special thanks to David Kurjan ( Disco Dave ) for his tireless work on site, providing updates and info during the entire tournament. Good job Dave, Thanks

Ray Hansen and poolactiontv were once again there to provide excellent coverage with expert commentary from Jeremy Jones, Dr.Bill, Joey A., LS John, and several other guests. It was a pleasure to listen to them all, thanks guys.

Mary Kennison was with us the whole way, making her rounds as she always does, picking up everybody's spirits with her outgoing personality and road stories from the past, all done while taking hundreds of pics of the players and fans. She is such a credit to the game of pool, and one hell of a good player to boot. Thank you Mary, you're such a good person.

To all the players;
They came from all over the country to play in the Inaugural Senior One Pocket Classic. They were gentlemen all, they played the game as best they could, and uttered not a discouraging word upon defeat. They were strangers and friends, they were rivals and competitors, but most of all they were members of the game, the game they love. It was a pleasure to stand among you. Looking forward to when next we meet.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Thanks to everyone for such a great event. Of course it should be Billy to reach the top rung of the ladder. Through the years the man has shown he is a champion and has dedicated his life to the game. I wish Freddie was here to see it. We are privileged to have him here as one of our resident gurus.

Very proud of our West Coast guys who very few knew of at the start. We here in the west love the one pocket game. But we are spoiled with the great weather and don't like to travel outside of the state too much. Bogies provided a great reason to.

I hope this starts some kind of trend and we can see other Senior one pocket events happen. The games might take longer but there was not a moment where I was bored. Every shot had a component that was well thought and purposeful, particularly for the one pocket advocate.

I hope in the future we can raise the prize money and get some sponsors for this solid event to bring out more people. Unlike other tournaments where the cash and flash are of primary interest. This tournament was all heart, guts, and pride in the game that was prevalent.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Congrats Billy. It was awesome. I watched 15 hours of it, all the way to the end, and you really showed something. You move around the table and stroke like a young fellow for sure and the way you came back that last game was special, finishing so strong to close. A real closer, you are....

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Congratulations on the win Billy. While i did not get a chance to watch the matches it sounds like you played really well....good for you.

Hardmix

ps I guess those partners matches in Atlanta were a good warm up!

RedCard

Verified Member
Congratulations to Billy for the win and to everyone else who entered. It all made for a very entertaining and enlightening weekend of watching.