You need 2 how would you play this shot

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
You've got the right hand pocket. What would you do here.[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AenD4BdWx4CADa4DdGm4EefH4FftB4GdXB4HcyB4IADq4PRDL@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
THIS AN EDIT ALERT I SHOT AT THE WRONG POCKET.OOPS
THE POCKET IS THE RIGHT HAND CORNER LOOKING AS IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO BREAK(from the head of the table)
cant think of anything else:eek:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AenD4BdWx3CATa4DdGm4EefH4FftB4GdXB4HcyB4IADq4PQuM3WATa3WbYC4WXWs4WWxt4dADq4dDQG4kQuM4kCPU2kRdk2kadA@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd probably shoot this shot. I've shot it a lot and I'm comfortable with it.
Rod.:)
PS, After looking at Larry's post maybe I'm shooting at the wrong pocket.:confused:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AenD4BdWx3CALY4DdGm4EefH4FftB4GdXB4HcyB4IADq4PRDL3WALY3WbfK3WRgn3WRon3WRgn3WRgn3WRXm4dADq3dbxD4dcoN3dIOY4kRDL4kBao4kBiX4kBaR1kEYT1kKbo1kcng1kRGb1uAAS@[/CUETABLE]

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
blackeee said:
You've got the right hand pocket. What would you do here.
Blackeee, which right hand pocket? Do you mean the right hand pocket looking down from the head of the table (empty pocket), or from standing as if you were racking the balls (pocket with pool balls in it)?

Doc

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I would bank the 9 firm with a high cue ball trying to make the 9, the 3 should cross to my side and the cue ball should go down table. :)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If both balls are frozen on the foot spot playing the 3 ball one rail into the pocket is the best shot. There are two ways to play this shot, but imo the second way is the better way.

#1. Shoot the 9 ball with a high right ball playing both the 9 ball twice cross corner and the 3 ball one rail straight back. The cue ball will follow through the 9 ball and spin off of the side rail and then up table. There are two concerns with this shot that make this shot risky. The first concern is that the 3 ball and the cue ball may kiss after they hit one rail each. The second concern is that the cue ball could scratch up table catty corner to your pocket.

#2. Same shot but differen't execution. Strike the bottom of the 9 ball with a middle ball left english and bank the 3 ball straight back. The way this shot should be hit is to aim the 9 ball like you are cutting it to the first diamond up table on the short rail. The 9 ball will float to the side rail and the 3 ball will bank straight back , the cue ball will travel 3 cushions up table where if you pocket the 3 ball you will have a shot on the 9 ball to win.

Try it, this is a very strong shot with no risk if hit decently.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
gulfportdoc said:
Blackeee, which right hand pocket? Do you mean the right hand pocket looking down from the head of the table (empty pocket), or from standing as if you were racking the balls (pocket with pool balls in it)?

Doc
I believe the right hand pocket as you prepare to break the balls is the pocket he's referring to.

Billy I.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

From the head of the table.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
androd said:
PS, After looking at Larry's post maybe I'm shooting at the wrong pocket.:confused:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AenD4BdWx3CALY4DdGm4EefH4FftB4GdXB4HcyB4IADq4PRDL3WALY3WbfK3WRgn3WRon3WRgn3WRgn3WRXm4dADq3dbxD4dcoN3dIOY4kRDL4kBao4kBiX4kBaR1kEYT1kKbo1kcng1kRGb1uAAS@[/CUETABLE]

No you're not.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
pocket

pocket

androd said:

The right hand pocket as you stand at the head of the table. Sorry.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
my shot

my shot

blackeee said:
You've got the right hand pocket. What would you do here.[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AenD4BdWx4CADa4DdGm4EefH4FftB4GdXB4HcyB4IADq4PRDL@[/CUETABLE]

I thinned the 9 then hit the 3 moving both balls to my side and froze him on the name-plate. Comments?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
If both balls are frozen on the foot spot playing the 3 ball one rail into the pocket is the best shot. There are two ways to play this shot, but imo the second way is the better way.

#1. Shoot the 9 ball with a high right ball playing both the 9 ball twice cross corner and the 3 ball one rail straight back. The cue ball will follow through the 9 ball and spin off of the side rail and then up table. There are two concerns with this shot that make this shot risky. The first concern is that the 3 ball and the cue ball may kiss after they hit one rail each. The second concern is that the cue ball could scratch up table catty corner to your pocket.

#2. Same shot but differen't execution. Strike the bottom of the 9 ball with a middle ball left english and bank the 3 ball straight back. The way this shot should be hit is to aim the 9 ball like you are cutting it to the first diamond up table on the short rail. The 9 ball will float to the side rail and the 3 ball will bank straight back , the cue ball will travel 3 cushions up table where if you pocket the 3 ball you will have a shot on the 9 ball to win.

Try it, this is a very strong shot with no risk if hit decently.

Billy I.
billy i guess i need to go to a table to try your shots out but
you can really get enough throw on the 3 to one rail it?? with the angle you have to come into the 9???

with ball in hand from the kitchen and 2 on the spot (same kind of shot in the other direction) ive never come close to one rail banking the back ball into the corner pocket in the kitchen.
answering my own question maybe because the distance traveled by the back ball is greater to get to the short rail it gets thrown over enough to rebound (bank) into the corner pocket.
if you say it goes
i trust you
you are a doctor.:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
blackeee said:
I thinned the 9 then hit the 3 moving both balls to my side and froze him on the name-plate. Comments?
you left distance and put balls on your side.thats a good thing.
but did you leave the 9 and 3 close enough together for your opponent to take both balls out??
is this the shot you mean??
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AenD4BdWx3CALY4DdGm4EefH4FftB4GdXB4HcyB4IADq4PRDL3WALY3WBJa3WXNk4dADq3dShT3dSYS4kRDL4kQmL4kCXk4kCPi4kBqV1kAff@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
rods shot makes it more gives you 2 balls to worry about
billy's shot(s) if you make the 3 thats great
if not i would ask the same question are hoarding the balls together to make a reply easier??

bstroud

Verified Member
blackeee said:

That is the correct shot.
Try to split hit both balls and freeze the cue ball on the end rail.

Bill Stroud

Deeman

Verified Member
bstroud said:
That is the correct shot.
Try to split hit both balls and freeze the cue ball on the end rail.

Bill Stroud

Mr. Stroud,

Nice to have your input.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
billy i guess i need to go to a table to try your shots out but
you can really get enough throw on the 3 to one rail it?? with the angle you have to come into the 9???

with ball in hand from the kitchen and 2 on the spot (same kind of shot in the other direction) ive never come close to one rail banking the back ball into the corner pocket in the kitchen.
answering my own question maybe because the distance traveled by the back ball is greater to get to the short rail it gets thrown over enough to rebound (bank) into the corner pocket.
if you say it goes
i trust you
you are a doctor.:)
The second shot in my post is a very strong shot, with very little risk if any. When shooting this shot you should aim to cut the bottom ball (9 ball) into the first diamond on the head rail (short rail) It's imperative to use a low-middle ball with left hand english, the cue ball will spin three rails in a free route up table for a safety. If you happen to pocket the 3 ball you will have a shot on the winning ball.

I have shot this shot many times with great success. Blackee's shot is a good shot, but imo a distant second to this one.

Trust me, i'm a doctor.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
The second shot in my post is a very strong shot, with very little risk if any. When shooting this shot you should aim to cut the bottom ball (9 ball) into the first diamond on the head rail (short rail) It's imperative to use a low-middle ball with left hand english, the cue ball will spin three rails in a free route up table for a safety. If you happen to pocket the 3 ball you will have a shot on the winning ball.

I have shot this shot many times with great success. Blackee's shot is a good shot, but imo a distant second to this one.

Trust me, i'm a doctor.

Billy I.

I've never shot this, but will today. I always follow some of my doctors orders.
Rod. :D :p

bstroud

Verified Member
There seem to be two shots here.
One shot has the 9 ball directly behind the 3 ball. The other has the 9 ball at a slight angle.

Each shot has a different solution. Which shot are we talking about?

Bill Stroud