1Pkt Tourney Sept 27 Indianapolis

u12armresl

Verified Member
Don Larue Memorial One pocket tournament.
In honor of Don and the game he loved.

Sept 27th
$50 entry $20 greens fee
Race to 2 winners and losers side
Played on 4 GC and 2 Diamond tables (all recovered in July 2015)
Some of the best equipment in the Country to play on
Calcutta starts at 11, play to follow immediately.

First 32 PAID entries are in
Cut off at 32 players.
$250 added on Full field.

One of the best action rooms, come the night before and match up

PM me or call
Brickyard Billiards
6445 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46241
(317) 248-0555

Thanks for looking

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Don Larue Memorial One pocket tournament.
In honor of Don and the game he loved.

Sept 27th
$50 entry $20 greens fee
Race to 2 winners and losers side
Played on 4 GC and 2 Diamond tables (all recovered in July 2015)
Some of the best equipment in the Country to play on
Calcutta starts at 11, play to follow immediately.

First 32 PAID entries are in
Cut off at 32 players.
$250 added on Full field.

One of the best action rooms, come the night before and match up

PM me or call
Brickyard Billiards
6445 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46241
(317) 248-0555

Thanks for looking

Am I missin' somethin'?

Looks like $250 "added" if 32 guys each pay $20 green fee.

I guess it wouldn't work very well to advertise a $340 subtracted event.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I didn't know that Don had passed. I liked him a lot. He was declining the last time I saw him which would have been 2012 2013.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Don was a great guy, and hopefully we can do him some justice and show him some good one pocket

I didn't know that Don had passed. I liked him a lot. He was declining the last time I saw him which would have been 2012 2013.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Bumping this up for more interest from this forum, in one of the best pool halls in the Country, with action for everyone.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Right about half way filled.

Taking first 32 paid entries.
Love to see some board people come out.

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
Am I missin' somethin'?

Looks like $250 "added" if 32 guys each pay $20 green fee.

I guess it wouldn't work very well to advertise a $340 subtracted event.

I agree, you want a first class event but ... the players add all the added monies. The house makes $340 off the players. And it has to have 32 players for this formula to work?

Good business sense? Not a full field then what happens? The players that do show are not rewarded. The calcutta helps but probably the house will take a cut here as well? Have to insure that all players are happy with the end result

Good Luck sir ... hoping you have a good turnout and a promising event

u12armresl

Verified Member
Money will be added regardless. This is the first time we have tried anything like this, and we wanted to get it put together this year around all the other events that were going on to honor the man.

This venue has a sterling reputation of running events, and if we can get this to work out, there will be more, with money added and big calcuttas.

I'm saddened by the 2 replies making it seem like its a "fleece the public" type of tournament. The place has 6 tables, and they are very busy on Sundays. What does it cost a busy pool room to take up all 6 of their tables from 10 am until 3am?

No one from the forum expressed any interest in coming to the tournament or even the shirt we made, that's perfectly fine, and I appreciate the chance to post the info here. We're trying to do something different for this area and honor the man who did a lot for the game.

It's not a 2k entry fee tournament with some large money added, but I am doing the very best I can to put this on and get out the word + make sure that everyone who shows up has a great time.

I agree, you want a first class event but ... the players add all the added monies. The house makes $340 off the players. And it has to have 32 players for this formula to work?

Good business sense? Not a full field then what happens? The players that do show are not rewarded. The calcutta helps but probably the house will take a cut here as well? Have to insure that all players are happy with the end result

Good Luck sir ... hoping you have a good turnout and a promising event

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Money will be added regardless. This is the first time we have tried anything like this, and we wanted to get it put together this year around all the other events that were going on to honor the man.

This venue has a sterling reputation of running events, and if we can get this to work out, there will be more, with money added and big calcuttas.

I'm saddened by the 2 replies making it seem like its a "fleece the public" type of tournament. The place has 6 tables, and they are very busy on Sundays. What does it cost a busy pool room to take up all 6 of their tables from 10 am until 3am?

No one from the forum expressed any interest in coming to the tournament or even the shirt we made, that's perfectly fine, and I appreciate the chance to post the info here. We're trying to do something different for this area and honor the man who did a lot for the game.

It's not a 2k entry fee tournament with some large money added, but I am doing the very best I can to put this on and get out the word + make sure that everyone who shows up has a great time.

I hope it works out for you. I wish I had just made the suggestion that you either drop the green fee or not say money is added.

I realize that one-pocket tournaments are very hard on room operators given the amount of table time they are giving up, unless they have the prospect of very good food and beverage sales.

I don't object to green fees and would play in a tournament that looked good otherwise. Of course we all like added money, but that makes it harder on the room owner and generally only benefits the better players. I would think eliminating green fees would draw more players -- from among those who wouldn't have high expectations anyway -- than increasing added.

I hope you understand how the setup looked funny to me from the get-go. Sounded like some of the players money would not be paid out, and that conflicts with "added."

lfigueroa

Verified Member

A few guys in St. Louis talked about going but, to be honest, the race to two was a deal breaker, time, drive, money-wise.

Good luck with your event.

Lou Figueroa

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thanks Lou, I appreciate it.

We talked about a single elim race to 4 for $100, but then dead money guys like me might be less inclined to play.

A few guys in St. Louis talked about going but, to be honest, the race to two was a deal breaker, time, drive, money-wise.

Good luck with your event.

Lou Figueroa

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Best of luck with the tourney.
Can't pay attention to the knockers, they will be in another thread complaining there are never any tournaments to go to.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Figured I'd give this one last bump.

Got a call from the Louisville guys, and they are coming.
Sad to hear that no Chicago guys are coming. I really expected a few, especially knowing that there is good action.

Oh well. Thanks to those who read the thread, and took time to reply.

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
I will give the Chicago guys one more "flag" about the tournament. Please note, just because you have not "heard" from people don't assume they are not coming to the tournament. These are "POOL PLAYERS" (not members of the Royal Family). Many times decisions to play are made at the last minute. I have had not one player signed up at 11:30 AM and been turning players away by noon. Be prepared for the "phone calls" to "put me in"....right before sign up time. GOOD LUCK! ps. make sure you post results

u12armresl

Verified Member
John, I'll not only post results, but I have a shirt just for you.

I will give the Chicago guys one more "flag" about the tournament. Please note, just because you have not "heard" from people don't assume they are not coming to the tournament. These are "POOL PLAYERS" (not members of the Royal Family). Many times decisions to play are made at the last minute. I have had not one player signed up at 11:30 AM and been turning players away by noon. Be prepared for the "phone calls" to "put me in"....right before sign up time. GOOD LUCK! ps. make sure you post results

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Hey, does anyone have room and board for an unemployed pilot? I do have gas money and a little extra for action. Now that I'm waiting for my new job I'm available to play in tourny

Jim

u12armresl

Verified Member
I happily have a room at my house, or I'd be more than willing to get you a room locally.

Hey, does anyone have room and board for an unemployed pilot? I do have gas money and a little extra for action. Now that I'm waiting for my new job I'm available to play in tourny

Jim