One pocket pool
One Pocket.org home About onepocket.org Learning the game Hall of fame marketplace a one pocket pool forum

Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum

Old 04-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
i think i can speak for many that entered for a chance to win the dvd
(although noone gave me permision to do so...)
that if not a lucky winner will probably buy the dvd
Of course you are welcome. Good luck, my friend.
Keep it nice. Alfie
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna View Post
Yeah sure, Bensingers and the South Side were very dangerous, unlike the very "safe" Texas spots like the Cotton Palace with stick up guys like Charlie Boyd waiting for you in the bathroom.

Beard
Sir Beard. I really don't like to correct you but Mr. Boyd didn't wait in the bathroom to rob people. He robbed you in the open and made you wait in the bathroom until he had his coffee and counted his money. I know, I was around him daily for years...and yes, he robbed me too. Charlie just couldn't...
Keep it nice. Alfie
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Taylor View Post
Sir Beard. I really don't like to correct you but Mr. Boyd didn't wait in the bathroom to rob people. He robbed you in the open and made you wait in the bathroom until he had his coffee and counted his money. I know, I was around him daily for years...and yes, he robbed me too. Charlie just couldn't...
Keep it nice. Alfie
Alfie, l like the story about Charlie Boyd (in your book) that time he couldn't go in the Cotton Bowl, cause the cops were looking for him...So he robbed some guy he knew, over the phone ! .....I believe you said he called from a phone booth across the street, and told the guy he wouldn't make it to his car, if he didnt bring him some money, right now..

I think some one pointed him out to me once, but thanks for never introducing us..

PS..Hey Beardo,...Charlie sounds like he would be a shoo-in for your "Secret Society"..

Last edited by SJDinPHX; 04-12-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Verified Member

Default ...wasting your time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX View Post
Alfie, l like the story about Charlie Boyd (in your book) that time he couldn't go in the Cotton Bowl, cause the cops were looking for him...So he robbed some guy he knew, over the phone ! .....I believe you said he called from a phone booth across the street, and told the guy he wouldn't make it to his car, if he didnt bring him some money, right now..

I think some one pointed him out to me once, but thanks for never introducing us..

PS..Hey Beardo,...Charlie sounds like he would be a shoo-in for your "Secret Society"..
...I think you're wasting your time. You would be better served to start making wine with all those "sour grapes" you have been oozing.

Beard

Maybe you can make some of that cheap champagne imititation, Cold Duck!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
...I think you're wasting your time. You would be better served to start making wine with all those "sour grapes" you have been oozing.

Beard

I don't know what 'sour grapes' you are babbling about..? ... I was't going to do this, but I have decided to put you and Ghoates, OUT of the pool shirt business..I will even have nice tank tops for the ladies (my biggest fan base)..Estimated unit sales first year 40,000..

Name:  SJD%20fans%20t-shirt.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  25.2 KB

Sorry, she's facing the wrong way to see the 'I heart SJD'
Name:  hot-golf-babes-05.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  75.0 KB
Old 04-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX View Post

Quote:

Beard

These posts are funny as hell to me. We use to drink the hell out of some Cold Duck. And that Charlie Boyd story in the book is great. Remember the dude calls back after he had already brought the money and said 'now bring me my gun over here please. Charlie needs to borrow that also and then he inadvertently sets off his car alarm and starts ripping wires out of his own car so it wouldn't upset Mr. Boyd. God I got a laugh out of that one. I can honestly say I Never was around anyone that could strike fear in a person like that. I still remember Dr. Bill relating that story about the mild mannered Steve Cook getting robbed. He asked the robber 'are you just going to take all my money?' The guy says yes. You got the idea. Steve replys 'well ok for you then'
Old 04-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
These posts are funny as hell to me. We use to drink the hell out of some Cold Duck. And that Charlie Boyd story in the book is great. Remember the dude calls back after he had already brought the money and said 'now bring me my gun over here please. Charlie needs to borrow that also and then he inadvertently sets off his car alarm and starts ripping wires out of his own car so it wouldn't upset Mr. Boyd. God I got a laugh out of that one. I can honestly say I Never was around anyone that could strike fear in a person like that. I still remember Dr. Bill relating that story about the mild mannered Steve Cook getting robbed. He asked the robber 'are you just going to take all my money?' The guy says yes. You got the idea. Steve replys 'well ok for you then'
My previous wife and I started drinking Cold Duck, after 1 1/2 bottles she wanted to fight. The only thing that saved her was body weight. After we finished the 2nd bottle she'd pass out. after the 3rd bottle I was ready to knock her out, but she was already out.

A little trivia, Charlie Boyd's brother (Bobby) was a defensive back for the World Champion Baltimore Colts.
Rod
Old 04-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd View Post
My previous wife and I started drinking Cold Duck, after 1 1/2 bottles she wanted to fight. The only thing that saved her was body weight. After we finished the 2nd bottle she'd pass out. after the 3rd bottle I was ready to knock her out, but she was already out.

A little trivia, Charlie Boyd's brother (Bobby) was a defensive back for the World Champion Baltimore Colts.
Rod

That's bringing back memories. He must have been one tough hombre. I was 17 and had been drinking Falstaff beer. I always had it in the can upside down and opened with a church key so I would not get it mixed up with anyone elses drink. We were all going to a teenage meet (meat) market call The Chicken Shack in Seneca SC. I told these guys I wanted to change up and drink something else. Somebody recommended something called Orange Tommy. I got a bunch of it and it tasted weak and fruity going in. I got totally blind drunk off of it and still remember the heaving I did. I tell you that methadone or heroin withdrawals were a breeze compared to that next day. It was absolutely brutal. I never fought with my girls. If they were that type, I would discard them but we would talk strange to each other like in the old Hazlewood song. He sure was a talent. Of course if I was doing Nancy Sinatra I could write some good tunes also. Maybe. Naw I doubt It. If I could just have my one song like City Of New Orleans or River Deep. oh well