New european billiard tables

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hi richard
i am not sure i have space for a billiard and pool table in my living room
what dimensions are necessary for a billiard table??
also what would be my cost for a table ??
and your best guess with regards to shipping and set up??
thanks
larry

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
-----------------------+

-----------------------+

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
hi richard
i am not sure i have space for a billiard and pool table in my living room
what dimensions are necessary for a billiard table??
also what would be my cost for a table ??
and your best guess with regards to shipping and set up??
thanks
larry

Lare, just take the outside dimensions of the top rails, add 5' each side and that'll do it.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
beautiful solid wood, hand made, takes 2 weeks after order to make

SOLID WOOD HAND MADE in spain
with heater,10ft
this table will run you just 5500 USD!
excluding shipping

im getting one for myself because its so lovely and at a price that CANNOT be matched by any other top brand,

That table is beautiful. Makes me want to play 3C

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
9ft tables are not as undsireable as i thought, but it must be certain parts of the country, because here, hardly anyone carom players dersire 9fters

this is a post from azbilliards on the matter

After reading the negative response to the 9 foot table question I felt compelled to reply.
I own a 9 foot Soren Sogard heated table. The reason I own it is I love playing 3 cushion billiards. The room I have is one foot too small to accommodate a 10 foot table. The fact that a 9 foot table market is being looked at is a positive thing. People who want to play billiards and can't fit it into a room will have a chance to do so.

I had a trying time in finding my table. Looking far and wide before finding it. I transition quickly to a 10 foot table. My average has increased two fold since having my own table. My friends who play on my table all have said that there is very little difference in the playing experience. Any player will testify that all tables play slightly differently. Even new ones put up for a tournament with the same cloth, balls and table mechanic.

I for one would urge anyone interested in our sport to give it an honest try before assuming the worst.

Kudos to Diamond for going after the market. 300 Simonis and heat would be a step in the right direction.

Rich; I sold that 9' Sogard to that gentleman in Savannah! After he had the table for about 2 months I came up there to check it out! The table plays REALLY VERY well! I never ran so many 5's, 6's, 7's and eights before in one game to 75 points! It ONLY took 27 innings! EVERY shot looked like a 'hanger!' Because the table is smaller, the long distance shots can be hit more accurately, with less speed!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
What do you believe to be the stigma with certain groups of players that love 9fters and those that won't touch them?

Rich, in Europe and Asia, the players starting and coming up thru the ranks usually start with the, 'small games' on 4'x8' or 4.5' x 9' tables! they are used to the size of the balls to the size relationship of each table.

Graduating to the 'Match' size table, 5' x 10' is a simple transition!

Do you believe I've spoken to some good pool and billiard players that thought and believe, because the tables are smaller, the angles are shorter! VERY :frus:frus!

Anyway, like I said, the 4.5' x 9' tables that I have played on, play very good!

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Played on a.....

Played on a.....

.......9' just once after years on the 10's.Totally different feel.Not my style but as usual YMMV,cheers,Bob

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX

Last edited: