Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2016, 07:24 AM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd Mitch vs James

I'm looking to shoot the 2 in the side and drift the cue ball enough to where he's doubled up, or if it's not straight on follow it to the rail...
Old 09-30-2016, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
I'm looking to shoot the 2 in the side and drift the cue ball enough to where he's doubled up, or if it's not straight on follow it to the rail...
I like that too -- unless the shot is so straight that following it too far would mean a scratch in the side. If it is, then banking the 2 softly and laying up on the 7 might accomplish the same thing -- as someone already diagrammed.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:12 AM
Verified Member

What about kicking off opponent's side rail to graze the top of the two? Two hopefully drifts in front of the 14 by your hole, cue goes uptable. (If the two were closer to the side rail I'd like it a lot better.)
Old 09-30-2016, 08:40 AM
Verified Member

I agree with Dr. Bill and others who said the angle is not there to shoot the 2 ball bank across table and float up to the 7. It looks to me like a double kiss.

Jeff's 4 rail shot isn't a bad option. I shot one of these (I think in my match vs Steve) and the way it comes off the 4th rail so tight, these tables were perfect to shoot that kind of shot on. However, I would pass just because of what I leave my opponent (the 2 cut and possibly getting on the 14 for the win).

I am a little afraid of 2 railing the 7 also because it takes a great hit to execute that shot and I am still worried what I am leaving my opponent, remember he only needs 2.

All this being said, I like the option of shooting the 2 straight in the side with follow, sticking him on the long rail and double him up with the 2/14. I feel its easy to execute and pretty effective as well. I am with you YK.

Nice, WWYD Mitch!

EDIT: I would have to see it more clearly at the table but another possible shot would be to bank the 2 over to your side and allow the CB to go to the head rail and then try to get behind the 7. Freezing him to the 7 would be ideal but even if you get it close enough where he doesn't have a straight in shot at his hole, could be very effective too...

Last edited by cincy_kid; 09-30-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:49 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Great idea, but on my screen it looks like the angle isn't there for the double-up, and if not, I don't like what you leave him on the 14 (although you might be able to put it on the kiss angle, especially if you get it on the rail to reduce his side-english options.)
Old 09-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pwannabe View Post
Score doesn't matter to me here, this is the only shot I would shoot. Got to protect your position and try to make him shoot over that ball on the rail. This isn't a hard shot to execute once you have the speed of the table and rails down.

This is the shot I selected when i first looked at it. However after many tries i can't beat the kiss and get the cue ball to go where it needs to be. keith
Old 09-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Verified Member

I would make the 2 and set the cue on the rail just below the side pocket. The 2 spots, becomes a blocker and is a tough bank to make.

B
Old 09-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
bank that 14 ball, float up past the side pocket bank the 2 then two rail the 7 and out.

next wwyd.

The bank on the 14 is the first thing I looked at. It was a dicey cut and in order to make it I had to float the cube all up to high and would've definitely sold out the two so I passed.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
The 7 lays near perfect for the 4 rail bank that worked so well at Lacy's....

If I thought I could stick the CB then I might take a pop at the 7...

The shot never even occurred to me. Being from the east it is not in my every day repertoire. I did consider the two railer on the seven but James was playing aggressively and pocketing most of his shots so I did not want to leave him the two ball and passed on anything to do with the seven.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
I agree with Dr. Bill and others who said the angle is not there to shoot the 2 ball bank across table and float up to the 7. It looks to me like a double kiss.

Jeff's 4 rail shot isn't a bad option. I shot one of these (I think in my match vs Steve) and the way it comes off the 4th rail so tight, these tables were perfect to shoot that kind of shot on. However, I would pass just because of what I leave my opponent (the 2 cut and possibly getting on the 14 for the win).

I am a little afraid of 2 railing the 7 also because it takes a great hit to execute that shot and I am still worried what I am leaving my opponent, remember he only needs 2.

All this being said, I like the option of shooting the 2 straight in the side with follow, sticking him on the long rail and double him up with the 2/14. I feel its easy to execute and pretty effective as well. I am with you YK.

Nice, WWYD Mitch!

EDIT: I would have to see it more clearly at the table but another possible shot would be to bank the 2 over to your side and allow the CB to go to the head rail and then try to get behind the 7. Freezing him to the 7 would be ideal but even if you get it close enough where he doesn't have a straight in shot at his hole, could be very effective too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgcp View Post
I would make the 2 and set the cue on the rail just below the side pocket. The 2 spots, becomes a blocker and is a tough bank to make.

B

This is the shot that I opted for. It did lame correctly but not by much. And it had the makings of a great move. Unfortunately for me, I hit it like a sissy and did not get the queue to the rail or hidden by the ball to be spotted and leaving him a full view of the two. I did get lucky in that the kiss was on and James did Duble catch the ball so I did not lose much. I still think this was the right shot but I just needed to execute better.

If I didn't shoot this again, I would definitely play that two railer on the seven. I like that shot and it would've applied great pressure. As it was, my respect for Jameses shooting made me lean towards a trap.