Bugs' Birthday

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Today, Aug 18, is Leonard "Bugs" Rucker's 69th birthday. He is spending the day in St Margaret's hospital with a bad case of diabetes and a missing leg. He asked me to bring him a special birthday lunch, king crab legs and baby-back ribs. I dont know if that's a healthy thing to do, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Happy birthday to a great champion.

the Beard

PS On my new blog I will be pontificating on the sociopathic, political, and philosophical views on pool, and the world in general. I am now adding a daily tip from the Old-time Hustler's Handbook. A gamemanship section to soon follow.

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
fred bentivegna said:
Today, Aug 18, is Leonard "Bugs" Rucker's 69th birthday. He is spending the day in St Margaret's hospital with a bad case of diabetes and a missing leg. He asked me to bring him a special birthday lunch, king crab legs and baby-back ribs. I dont know if that's a healthy thing to do, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Happy birthday to a great champion.

the Beard

PS On my new blog I will be pontificating on the sociopathic, political, and philosophical views on pool, and the world in general. I am now adding a daily tip from the Old-time Hustler's Handbook. A gamemanship section to soon follow.
Fred, I never met Bugs, but please wish him a happy birthday for me. And as for the meal he requested, get him whatever the heck he wants. I just hope that if I am ever in a similar situation, I have a friend like you to bring me some good eats!

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
fred bentivegna said:

the Beard

I called Southshore Hospital at 1-773-356-5000 as well as southshore Nursing & Rehab at 1-773-356-9300 and both places said he's not a patient at their facilities.
So please pass along birthday greetings and best wishes to Bugs.

And thanks for looking after him, Fred. God Bless you.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Seen the Bugs man

Seen the Bugs man

Brought Bugs some Alaskan King Crab legs with drawn butter and some BBQ ribs from the famous Ribs and Bibs on 53rd and Dorchester in Hyde Park. He naturally couldnt eat it all, but enjoyed what he did eat. He's still in good spirits and desparately wanting to somehow make it to Derby City in Jan. I brought him the birthday wishes from all the good folks on the pool forums. I also made sure no credit was given to the cheap creeps from Chicago who havent even given him a phone call. He will be at St Margarets hospital until an infection he developed gets handled. Terry his phone number there is 219 923 2300 = 2300 ex 17202.

the Beard

JAM

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Brought Bugs some Alaskan King Crab legs with drawn butter and some BBQ ribs from the famous Ribs and Bibs on 53rd and Dorchester in Hyde Park. He naturally couldnt eat it all, but enjoyed what he did eat. He's still in good spirits and desparately wanting to somehow make it to Derby City in Jan. I brought him the birthday wishes from all the good folks on the pool forums. I also made sure no credit was given to the cheap creeps from Chicago who havent even given him a phone call. He will be at St Margarets hospital until an infection he developed gets handled. Terry his phone number there is 219 923 2300 = 2300 ex 17202.

the Beard

Freddy, do you know if he got Keith's birthday card? We sent it to the address you gave me in July, but now I am thinking it may not be the right one. :(

JAM

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Probably not

Probably not

JAM said:
Freddy, do you know if he got Keith's birthday card? We sent it to the address you gave me in July, but now I am thinking it may not be the right one. :(

JAM

Probably not, Jen.

The place he is at now is temporary. He is only there until his kidney infection abates, then he goes back to Dolton. The card may be waiting for him when he gets back there. Thanks for the thought anyway.

the Beard

bankshotbob

fred bentivegna said:
Probably not, Jen.

The place he is at now is temporary. He is only there until his kidney infection abates, then he goes back to Dolton. The card may be waiting for him when he gets back there. Thanks for the thought anyway.

the Beard
I'd like to send Bugs a b-day card, can you post his mailing address at Dolton again
thanks

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Dolton Care Center

Dolton Care Center

bankshotbob said:
I'd like to send Bugs a b-day card, can you post his mailing address at Dolton again
thanks

Leonard Rucker
Dolton Care Ctr.
14325 Blackstone Ave
Dolton, IL 60419

the Beard

ragbug74

Verified Member
From
Portage, Indiana
I've searched around the internet and there's not much out there (besides OP.ORG) about Bugs. I was wondering how did he get his nickname and what does it mean?