Looking for action near Boston

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
I'm looking for a regular (at least weekly) serious and friendly one-pocket money game in the Boston area. Only current place I know is Country Club USA in Chelmsford, but that's a bit far for me on a weeknight. If you're itching to hone your one-pocket skills and you're also stuck in this billiard wasteland we call Massachusetts, send me a pm.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
twister said:
I'm looking for a regular (at least weekly) serious and friendly one-pocket money game in the Boston area. Only current place I know is Country Club USA in Chelmsford, but that's a bit far for me on a weeknight. If you're itching to hone your one-pocket skills and you're also stuck in this billiard wasteland we call Massachusetts, send me a pm.
I cannot pull it off on a week night either -- too far the other way :) -- but after Derby City I could meet you on a weekend afternoon.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
twister said:

Hey Carey.......Since you used to be my student, I gotta give you some advice....If you get together with our Steve Booth to play, just keep leaving him on the end rail - he can't make a long shot.....:D

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
You guys are so friendly....Im glad you haven't busted me...yet!!!
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Carey.......Since you used to be my student, I gotta give you some advice....If you get together with our Steve Booth to play, just keep leaving him on the end rail - he can't make a long shot.....:D

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Hey Ghost. Yeah, I always try to leave you old guys on the end rail, especially if your glasses are thicker than the latest Harry Potter novel... :D

millertime

From
Cedar Rapids, IA
Cue Time Billiards

Cue Time Billiards

Hey Twister, have you ever played at Cue Time Billiards in Pembroke? When I lived in Marshfield 5 years ago I played an APA league there, I hear they are closing though...I wonder what they are going to do with all those Gandy tables they had.

millertime

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Nope, never played at Cue Time. They really need a player's pool hall near Boston (Brighton Billiards, I'm looking at you). I mean you have you all these rich pompous college kids and nowhere to go to take their money, it's a crime. I'd even be happy with a private social club like they seem have up in NH: a monthly/annual fee for free time on a few nice tables would be worth it.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Steve - you ever been to World Class Billiards in Peabody, MA? I went up there a few weekends ago and had a good time playing 3-cushion, as there wasn't anyone who wanted a one-pocket game. In addition to the 4 heated billiards tables, they have twelve 9" Diamonds, and a great player's special: everyday noon - 8pm for $8 (pool) or $10 (billiards). Talk about low rates. Maybe we can meet up (down) there sometime when you're back from the DCC.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
twister said:
Steve - you ever been to World Class Billiards in Peabody, MA? I went up there a few weekends ago and had a good time playing 3-cushion, as there wasn't anyone who wanted a one-pocket game. In addition to the 4 heated billiards tables, they have twelve 9" Diamonds, and a great player's special: everyday noon - 8pm for $8 (pool) or $10 (billiards). Talk about low rates. Maybe we can meet up (down) there sometime when you're back from the DCC.
Played there many times. Hilite would be playing the late Bob Ingersoll One Pocket quite a few times when I was deep in the throws of learning the game around 1992 or so. I believe he was about 80 at the time, and coudn't see the long shots so well, but sure could maneuver the balls.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Hey Steve. Well, if you wanna meet up there sometime, let me know. I've been there a few times and I really like the atmosphere. Good place to brush up on the 3-cushion skills too...

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Calling Steve...

Calling Steve...

Hey Steve. Up for some one pocket this weekend at World Class in Peabody? I'm planning on heading up there to play a little on Saturday.

cascader

Verified Member
one pocket in central MA

one pocket in central MA

I'd be up for some friendly games - I play at the Billiards Cafe in Ayer MA.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
cascader said:
I'd be up for some friendly games - I play at the Billiards Cafe in Ayer MA.
Are you getting in to the tournament in Providence at Snookers next month? I'll be there.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
This is the first real one pocket tournament in the area in the area in at least 5 years, so even if you're more of a beginner, you should stop by and throw your hat in the ring. I'll be playing, and I'm more of an intermediate player with a full-time day job, and I've probably played twice in the last 2 months. If the turn-out for this tournament is good, we want to have another one in the spring, but if the turn-out sucks, well, we'll certainly be less motivated for future events. So, if you want to support one pocket in the area, come out and participate. We look forward to seeing you there.