Efren Vs Frost At Dcc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
vapros said:
A race to eleven in one-pocket is a lot of pool, and Efren's age has to be a considerable factor. I hope he stands fast in the arrangements and does not let himslef be pushed into a schedule that favors the younger man.

No one can play that long at his very best, and I suspect the match may be decided by who makes the best recovery from a dry spell when his shots are less than his best for a few games. Scott will surely be tested if Efren decides, at some point, to 'let the air out of the ball' for a while. An epic match, to be sure. I hate to miss it, but that's how it is.
The Efren/Joyner matches of a few years back were somewhere around a race to ten, if I recall...

They were definitely classic I would say! At that time, Joyner was playing really well -- and so was Efren.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Frank Almanza said:
Didn't Scott put out an offer to play anyone anywhere about a year ago? If I remember correctly Efren's camp accepted the offer and tried to arrange the match in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. but Scott then wanted the match at Kolbys in Arizona. This coming match should be interesting with two different styles. One power and the other finesse. Like Ruth vs Cobb, Tyson vs Ali. Can't hardly wait.
Your taking my quote out of context. Scott has been chasing Efren all over, if they are at the same place they will be playing. It started off with Scott being young and getting a good deal of weight to playing and beating him even. He has done what many of us have dreamed of, beating the best player in the world. :)

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Fast Lenny said:
Your taking my quote out of context. Scott has been chasing Efren all over, if they are at the same place they will be playing. It started off with Scott being young and getting a good deal of weight to playing and beating him even. He has done what many of us have dreamed of, beating the best player in the world. :)
I was just funning with you Lenny. I just wanted to hear you fire back and you did. I know the whole scene between the two and the history. In this longer match I think I would make Scott a slight favorite. The longer match will allow Scott to find that high gear.

Giving up the weight to Dippy that he did and to be able to stand up for as long as he did made a believer of many, including me. I don't believe there is anybody that could give up that much weight and hold up for too long.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Frank Almanza said:
I was just funning with you Lenny. I just wanted to hear you fire back and you did. I know the whole scene between the two and the history. In this longer match I think I would make Scott a slight favorite. The longer match will allow Scott to find that high gear.

Giving up the weight to Dippy that he did and to be able to stand up for as long as he did made a believer of many, including me. I don't believe there is anybody that could give up that much weight and hold up for too long.

As long as I am young or look young I am sure to be tested by you guys who are a year or two older. :p