Slow play by top players

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I find it more painful to watch J. Bergman, Alex da lion, and double J than Dennis...and JJ doesn't have the excuse of the other three - of not totally knowing the game and what to shoot...

And on the flip side...five young top speed players that I enjoy watching play are Justin Hall, Danny Smith, Joey Gray, Skylar, and Evan Lunda- they play at a nice medium pace, and with no undue drama or posturing.

- Ghost

Last edited:

youngstown

Verified Member
Slow play by top players

However we have plenty of time to discuss each of their shots since they take so long...lol

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I find it more painful to watch J. Bergman, Alex da lion, and double J than Dennis...and JJ doesn't have the excuse of the other three - of not totally knowing the game and what to shoot...

And on the flip side...five young top speed players that I enjoy watching play are Justin Hall, Danny Smith, Joey Gray, Skylar, and Evan Lunda- they play at a nice medium pace, and with no undue drama or posturing.

- Ghost

Haven't noticed that about JJ, but I agree with you about the rest. Thorpe, Compton, and Jay-Bird move right along too. Thorpe may be the quickest of all.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

- Ghost

If there was ever a spot on post... This is it...exactamundo, sir...

IMO Dennis is sometimes struggling with finding the correct shot, and the rest of his pre-shot routine isn't all that painful to watch, he's just fully committing to the shot and that's ok with me... I like Josh Roberts style also, nice pace...good young player...

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Corey can move at a good clip, too.
And when he does stop to think about something, I pay attention.

He definitely has an interesting way of reading balls, and at times will utilize aspects of the table, or create cueing problems or something out of the ordinary that puts ya in a poor shooting position/contortion. His thought process and demeanor at the table, is different than any other player I've ever watched. I would think he'd be a good chess player.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Dennis is a very smart player, his squeeze game is as good as it gets due to his excellent cue ball control. Yes he opts to squeeze forcing Scott to earn every thing he gets which frustrates Scott and because of that he stretches more than he should. Scott has to be spectacular to come back in this game trailing by this score, even his best game will fall short so he needs to gamble more than he should but not to where it's considered reckless. Orcullo plays a solid game and doesn't give anything away because of that Scott needs to create his own opportunities by playing aggressively and applying pressure. I understand he can't afford to give Orcullo shots off his mistakes but I don't see Scott winning playing a solid careful style because Orcullo is just too good of a player to be beaten by a lesser ball striker 25 to 19. Scott's best game will not be good enough unless he rolls the dice and plays great..imo.

Dr. Bill

Renegade_56

Verified Member
Well when I watch top level players I want to see top level play, so if they take a minute or too longer to decide the best shot, and how to execute it their best then I don't mind waiting. If I'm in a hurry to watch pool I'll try and catch womens 9 ball on ESPN 2, which I never ever do.