Pictures from Tournament

Henry

Verified Member
Hello everyone had a great time at the .org tournament. Now I looked at the pictures a few days ago and now I can't find them except for a few. I hit the see all the pictures from this event and get the same few pictures. And I wanted to download a couple of them and it would not let me. So I need help. My wife says I look pretty mean in my pictures and she badly wants that image.

Great people and great players I haven't really competed on a regular basis for the last 20 years and when I did compete it was at 9 ball. I am a relative new comer to 1 pocket and have had to learn playing my friend Jason for $50 a game and he plays wide open. I occasionally go to Sacramento to play John Henderson 8/7. John and Kentucky came up to Chico once and beat me 2 $1,000 sets and they have an open invitation to come back and bet what they want but so far they have stayed away. They have the nuts. My wife loves Disneyland and she runs in the marathon there and I go to Hardtimes in Bellflower and it is Hardtimes in that spot. I met the Barber a couple years ago and we play $20 a game all day when I am there and so far I he has gotten the best of it. I learn how important it is to make good decisions and shoot the right shot because Frank never shoots the wrong shot.

I first saw Robert Newkirk at a 9 ball tournament at the Copper Caboose in Lubbock Texas around 1995 and Robert plays pretty good 9 ball too. What a fun guy to play. I didn't get to play Island Drive this tournament but I ran into him before in Albuquerque again around 1995. It was a bar table 9 ball tournament race to 7. He ran the first 6 racks on me and of course he won. Seems to happen to me a lot the first time I ever played John Henderson he ran 7 racks in a come behind win . Well enough of that stuff I need help with the pictures

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
All the photos I took are at my pool photography website -- poolinaction.com -- at least all the ones that I deemed to meet my professional standards, and therefore I worked to optimize using mainly Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom and uploaded:

https://www.poolinaction.com/2018-Tournaments/2018-OnePocketorg-Member-Tournament

I do have the right click to download turned off because I prefer people to honor the work I put into creating the photos, and buy them if they want :D If you click "buy" you can order prints or you can order a download -- which is a large print-sized file. The download file is 24.99 per file. Not a bad deal for a nice professional photo in a large print sized file that has actually had professional editing attention to optimize, besides the effort and occasional artistry of capturing the photo in the first place :D I am glad you like the photos. I'n not looking to make real money on these -- just to help cover the web hosting and maybe occasionally chip in towards newer gear :D

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Hello everyone had a great time at the .org tournament. Now I looked at the pictures a few days ago and now I can't find them except for a few. I hit the see all the pictures from this event and get the same few pictures. And I wanted to download a couple of them and it would not let me. So I need help. My wife says I look pretty mean in my pictures and she badly wants that image.

Great people and great players I haven't really competed on a regular basis for the last 20 years and when I did compete it was at 9 ball. I am a relative new comer to 1 pocket and have had to learn playing my friend Jason for $50 a game and he plays wide open. I occasionally go to Sacramento to play John Henderson 8/7. John and Kentucky came up to Chico once and beat me 2 $1,000 sets and they have an open invitation to come back and bet what they want but so far they have stayed away. They have the nuts. My wife loves Disneyland and she runs in the marathon there and I go to Hardtimes in Bellflower and it is Hardtimes in that spot. I met the Barber a couple years ago and we play $20 a game all day when I am there and so far I he has gotten the best of it. I learn how important it is to make good decisions and shoot the right shot because Frank never shoots the wrong shot.

I first saw Robert Newkirk at a 9 ball tournament at the Copper Caboose in Lubbock Texas around 1995 and Robert plays pretty good 9 ball too. What a fun guy to play. I didn't get to play Island Drive this tournament but I ran into him before in Albuquerque again around 1995. It was a bar table 9 ball tournament race to 7. He ran the first 6 racks on me and of course he won. Seems to happen to me a lot the first time I ever played John Henderson he ran 7 racks in a come behind win . Well enough of that stuff I need help with the pictures

It was a pleasure seeing you at the tournament Walt. I seem to be getting stronger health wise and look forward to another practice session with you, even though you always seem to wear me out..

Nice playing in Fremont you played very well.

Henry

Verified Member
All the photos I took are at my pool photography website -- poolinaction.com -- at least all the ones that I deemed to meet my professional standards, and therefore I worked to optimize using mainly Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom and uploaded:

https://www.poolinaction.com/2018-Tournaments/2018-OnePocketorg-Member-Tournament

I do have the right click to download turned off because I prefer people to honor the work I put into creating the photos, and buy them if they want :D If you click "buy" you can order prints or you can order a download -- which is a large print-sized file. The download file is 24.99 per file. Not a bad deal for a nice professional photo in a large print sized file that has actually had professional editing attention to optimize, besides the effort and occasional artistry of capturing the photo in the first place :D I am glad you like the photos. I'n not looking to make real money on these -- just to help cover the web hosting and maybe occasionally chip in towards newer gear :D

I don't mind buying them I just can't get it to work, now I can't even find the pictures. I am sure I am missing something

Henry

Verified Member

The link worked and I got a picture, Thanks Steve keep working on those mysterious moves you put on me.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member

Great shots, Steve. Is there a way to label them with names?

pj
chgo

Henry

Verified Member

Well I finally got it figured out thanks Steve. Great pictures by the way

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ok I already forget...

Need spelling for Nick B's last name from Canada

Everyone else is all labeled now.

Last edited:

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
NH Steve, Howdy;

Great pix, finally get to put some faces to the names.
What about putting some of the screen names with the
faces too? unless they object.

hank

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
NH Steve, Howdy;

hank

That I am not going to do -- it's not that the names are a great secret, but you all need a little challenge left lol :D:D

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
NH Steve, Howdy;

hank

If you are on the onepocket.org members group on facebook, then you can find the thread I started asking for the members to add their forum names since facebook uses their real names.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1960136534313981/search/?query=dave gross

I know it's a lot to go through but many of the names are there. Hope it helps.

Dave

El Chapo

Verified Member
Nice job with the photos Steve.

I will just pipe up here and say good photos are many times a very underappreciated job. People can sometimes think they are just snaps but there is quite a bit more to it.