scott vs efren challenge match

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I see three shots that could be possible options if they lay correctly.
#1. You could possibly bank the 4 ball toward your side to develop a stronger position if the angle offered allows you.
#2. You may be able to lag into the 1 ball and drop the cue ball softly into the stack. This is a good shot but a little risky, you could knock the 15 ball out for your opponent if this shot is hit too hard.
#3. You can lag into the 15 ball with good speed and drop behind the 5 ball. I like this shot the best of the three mentioned because it looks to be a natural angle that doesn't demand perfect speed with the cue ball.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I see three shots that could be possible options if they lay correctly.
#1. You could possibly bank the 4 ball toward your side to develop a stronger position if the angle offered allows you.
#2. You may be able to lag into the 1 ball and drop the cue ball softly into the stack. This is a good shot but a little risky, you could knock the 15 ball out for your opponent if this shot is hit too hard.
#3. You can lag into the 15 ball with good speed and drop behind the 5 ball. I like this shot the best of the three mentioned because it looks to be a natural angle that doesn't demand perfect speed with the cue ball.

Billy I.

#1 what would you do with the cue ball??
#2 doesnt that break up balls that dont go for scott
just askin??

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The angle for the two rail kick on the 5 is a little shallow for my taste.

I think it's an easy shot to hit the 1 and leave the qb stuck in the rack. I like leaving my opponents stuck in the rack.

The 15 ball lag behind the 5 looks good but riskier.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The angle for the two rail kick on the 5 is a little shallow for my taste.

I think it's an easy shot to hit the 1 and leave the qb stuck in the rack. I like leaving my opponents stuck in the rack.

The 15 ball lag behind the 5 looks good but riskier.

I would suggest anyone who does not like this shot set it up and try it.

It is almost impossible to hit bad the way the balls lay and even if you hit the 5 thin going into the ball you get it on your side an do not leave your opponent anything.

This shot gets passed up many times, even by seasoned one pocket players and it can be a game breaker.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Dont ask me to play anymore...

Dont ask me to play anymore...

I would suggest anyone who does not like this shot set it up and try it.

It is almost impossible to hit bad the way the balls lay and even if you hit the 5 thin going into the ball you get it on your side an do not leave your opponent anything.

This shot gets passed up many times, even by seasoned one pocket players and it can be a game breaker.

You are way too fu*kin smart, John H. That is also what i would do, and like you said, I dont see too many others do it. It is a shot that I use often playing bank pool when I am playing a safety and have no other way to get the cue ball back up table. There is a tiny chance of a pocket scratch and maybe even a table scratch but it is well worth the risk. Only a pocket scratch would really hurt you.

Beard

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Spin or NO Spin?

Spin or NO Spin?

I am two rail kicking behind the five ball fairly firmly.

Look at the angle after you hit the five. You may make it off either stripe or at the very worst, get it by your hole, leaving the cue ball back uptable.

I would be surprised if this is not the shot he took.

John, do you like to play this kick with running spin or cenrer ball? keith

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
You are way too fu*kin smart, John H. That is also what i would do, and like you said, I dont see too many others do it. It is a shot that I use often playing bank pool when I am playing a safety and have no other way to get the cue ball back up table. There is a tiny chance of a pocket scratch and maybe even a table scratch but it is well worth the risk. Only a pocket scratch would really hurt you.

Beard

I do use this valuable shot sometimes. Tell me what good this shot does with the balls placed where they are. The qb goes up table but there looks like several good replies may be available. Thanks Jim

If you slow roll the qb into the 1, you open three balls up and stick the qb in the stack the replies are slim.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John, do you like to play this kick with running spin or cenrer ball? keith

Running English (spin) to increase the angle when you come off the end rail.

I like to look at the shot from the end rail where the 5 ball is at and take a look at all the possible paths the ball will take after the hit. It appears to me there ia a very good chance the ball may make or jaw in my pocket if it hits either stripe ball after the kick.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I was .......

I was .......

.......kicking into the 5 two rails before I saw Johns post.Auto safe and a ball to your side,cheeers,B

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Running English (spin) to increase the angle when you come off the end rail.

I like to look at the shot from the end rail where the 5 ball is at and take a look at all the possible paths the ball will take after the hit. It appears to me there ia a very good chance the ball may make or jaw in my pocket if it hits either stripe ball after the kick.

How can anyone consider any other shot, but the 2 rail kick at the 5...Lagging gently at the 1 ball, could be very productive for Scott, but it requires a speed I'm not comfortable with, on ANY table, and could leave the opponent a lot of different options to escape, if hit anything less than perfect.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I am two rail kicking behind the five ball fairly firmly.

Look at the angle after you hit the five. You may make it off either stripe or at the very worst, get it by your hole, leaving the cue ball back uptable.

I would be surprised if this is not the shot he took.

i think this is your shot
jh1.jpg