POV Pool Challenge Video - Does Efren ever Miscue?

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
PLEASE DO NOT POST THE LINK IN ON THIS THREAD - I WILL POST THE WINNING LINK ONCE I HAVE RECEIVED IT.

Playing One-Pocket with Richard Grenier this year, one of POV Pool's commentators, BOX made an observation about Efren's chalking fundamentals and pre-shot rituals. He exclaims that he's NEVER seen Efren miscue.

VIDEO CLIP HERE!

This being said, I'd love to be able to prove that Box can't be right about everything. Okay, so he's never technically SEEN Efren miscue, but I still would like to show him video of Efren miscuing at some point in competitive history.

To all the readers: If you can provide a link of published footage of Efren Reyes, miscuing in competition (Not practicing or fooling around with friends) I will mail you a Kamui Tip Voucher with a retail value of $30 and a piece of Kamui Chalk of your choice (1.21 or .98).

Thanks to Box for the great commentary. This full match will be uploaded to YouTube soon.

keoneyo

Verified Member
I saw Efren miscue in a match with Gary Abood in Santa Monica. It was the first match in a race to 3 with Efren coming out on top. I think it was 9/6 or 8/6. I bet on Gary. Efren was a little nervous in the first match and lost it but regrouped like the champion he is and took it down.

I like Gary's end of it still. My friend Mitch put on youtube the match but I don't want to go looking through it for the miscue. I was there and I saw it. Ive seen Efren miss a 2 foot shot straight into his hole too.

Hes the Magician. Not GOD.

Oh keep the Kamui Tip or give it to some young up and coming. I don't need it.
Another thing I would like to hear other one pocket commentators on POV. One Pocket Rich has been the best yet.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
2004 DCC vs Billy Palmer (they played 2x, this is the first match). Efren tries to bank an uptable ball to his pocket but miscues and scratches straight into a pocket. He looks at his tip incredulously and sits down.

I have seen him miscue 2-3 times on video, once in person. It happens but it is rare.

The problem with the challenge is that a great majority of Efren's recorded matches are Accu-Stats, which aren't on the internet.

Last edited:

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Okay - we have a winner.

Al Jafa was the first to submit this video from The Color Of Money Match on YouTube. To tell you the truth, I was hoping this would take a little longer to find. I will re-open the contest but for one Kamui Voucher only.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsb7rphIPtk"]MISCUE AT 58:55[/ame]

If anyone finds ANOTHER clip, besides the one here... Please feel free to send me an email. Thanks!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, when you think about it, it's very rare to see ANY of the top pros miscue. I couldn't say that Efren miscues a whole lot less than the others.

~Doc