J. Fusco vs. J Rempe 1991 L.O.P. Philadelphia Style

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Not sure of what balls are by number but I'd play the higher stripe off the lower stripe to carom to my pocket and leave whitie on the end rail.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Cut the highest stripe super thin at my pocket with medium firm speed, come 2 rails outta the corner with the CB and catch the left edge of the other stripe moving it over to my side also. CB moves along his side rail up table.

It's a bit of wishful thinking, thinning the lower stripe over coming 2 outta the corner, but it's pretty good odds that I'm moving it outta the spot it's in and unless I catch it full, the CB isn't gonna leave a bank on the high stripe I just cut over by my pocket.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Fusco has a 1 to -1 lead and it's Rempe's shot. What would you do as Erv plays a safe against Fusco's cousin Pete?

If this were 9 ball, Rempe would cut the 8 in, kick the 12(?) out, then see what's next.

Here I'm playing off the 15(?) to the long rail, short rail, and under the 12(?)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Rempe two-railed the ball but miraculously it went right between all the balls:eek:. He didn't put the cueball safe anyway.

jr shot.jpg

He left it here for Fusco:

jr leave.jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I almost forgot to ask the obvious question; If Rempe were playing 9 Ball why would the 12 be on the table? I sometimes think you're messing with me:p

RBL

Looks to me that it's the 12 he shot. There are 3 balls that could be the 12, but none that could be the 11; 11 is the missing stripe (IMEverSoHO). I see 10 and 14, pus one that could be either 9 or 13. What each of the other three stripes (the dark ones that are not the 14) might be is anybody's guess, IMO. You can probably tell better from the vid than from the screen here, and since you can, it's the only thing stopping me from betting the 12 is on the table somewhere. :p

But sometimes I think you're messing with me. :D

Edit: Oh, shit. I just woke up.

Dammit.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Looks to me that it's the 12 he shot. There are 3 balls that could be the 12, but none that could be the 11; 11 is the missing stripe (IMEverSoHO). I see 10 and 14, pus one that could be either 9 or 13. What each of the other three stripes (the dark ones that are not the 14) might be is anybody's guess, IMO. You can probably tell better from the vid than from the screen here, and since you can, it's the only thing stopping me from betting the 12 is on the table somewhere. :p

But sometimes I think you're messing with me. :D

Edit: Oh, shit. I just woke up.

Dammit.

John,

With the 1991 technology (cameras & lighting) in effect I cannot see the balls any better on the table in the video than you can see them here. When I do know the ball numbers I'll usually show them. The announcers sometimes call out which balls are which and that's the only way to tell.

P.S. Go back to sleep:)

Dennis