16-Player One-Pocket Tourney This Weekend

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
This will take place at Uncle Waldo's in Daytona Beach this Saturday (Aug. 25th).

Here are the details:

• $500 ADDED
• ONE-DAY EVENT
• LIMITED TO 16 PLAYERS
• $100 ENTRY
• DOUBLE ELIMINATION
• RACES TO 3 ON BOTH SIDES
• FINAL ONE RACE TO 4
• ALTERNATE BREAK
• RACK YOUR OWN
• BALL ON BREAK / RE-RACK
• 3-FOUL RULE
• BCA RULES

- OPEN AT 9:30 FOR PRACTICE AND REGISTRATION
- CALCUTTA AT 11:00 A.M.
- FIRST-ROUND MATCHES AT NOON.

THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS: Dennis Searing Precision Tip, Billiard Engineering, Billiard Bill's Custom Cues and Repair, and RYO Rack.

THANKS TO Uncle Waldo's Sports Pub & Billiards FOR HOSTING THIS EVENT.

Attachments

• 1P.jpg
    1P.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hope the tourney is a success peter
what will the payouts be if you get 16 players?
fwiw
looks like the bca one pocket rules are a copy of our rules
jmho

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
The room is adding $500 and charging a green fee of $10. Based on 16 players, the total purse would be $1,940.

Payout:

1. $700
2. $500
3. $400
4. $325

There will be a Calcutta as usual.

hope the tourney is a success peter
what will the payouts be if you get 16 players?
fwiw
looks like the bca one pocket rules are a copy of our rules
jmho

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
OneRock, have a great tournament, I like your idea for going to express after two hours. Seems fair! And no other rule changes other than going to 6 balls instead of 8. Thanks for putting on a tournament.

One Pocket sure seems to be growing, and we are seeing a preference in One Pocket money matches really taking off, and why not for it so easy to handicap and match up these pro players that are close in talent. This winter in my small town we are hoping to start a One Pocket league, and finally get some one pocket going. Well it is a start, but we have a long ways to go to get to the point in So. Oregon of putting on a real competitive tournament, like you are doing! thanks, Whitey

beatle

Verified Member
yea rerack is good this way a weaker player cant get lucky. oh, but wait then the weaker players see this and dont enter so the better players win less.

how about if you make one on the break you get to pick two more to put in your hole as well. then players will hit the break more aggressively and the games will go faster and weak players may enter as then they may think they have a better chance. but of course they never win the top three spots anyway.

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
The One-Pocket 16-player field is now full, with 4 more players on the waiting list or still unconfirmed. If anyone wishes to be on the waiting list, please let me know.

The first 16 paid entries by no later than 11:00 a.m. on Saturday are guaranteed a spot. I won't expand the field under any circumstance. This tournament will have to finish in one day. We'll probably go late, but we will wrap it up in one day.

1. Anthony Meglino
2. Kris Clark
3. Jimmy Sandaler
4. Billy Burke
5. Michael DeLawder
6. Marcus Murillo
7. Chris Loafman
8. Peter Ghostine (spot held for first player waiting)
9. Chip Dickerson
10. Josh Lewis
11. Randy Flakes
12. Nick Principe
13. Tom Wirth
14. Romeo Torres
15. Chris Loafman
16. Charles Loeffler

Waiting list / Unconfirmed:

1. Brian White
2. Hunter White
3. Justin Gilsinan
4. Tom Caralis

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Spot #8 is a surprise for everyone. You'll get to see it on the stream tomorrow.

The One-Pocket 16-player field is now full, with 4 more players on the waiting list or still unconfirmed. If anyone wishes to be on the waiting list, please let me know.

The first 16 paid entries by no later than 11:00 a.m. on Saturday are guaranteed a spot. I won't expand the field under any circumstance. This tournament will have to finish in one day. We'll probably go late, but we will wrap it up in one day.

1. Anthony Meglino
2. Kris Clark
3. Jimmy Sandaler
4. Billy Burke
5. Michael DeLawder
6. Marcus Murillo
7. Chris Loafman
8. Peter Ghostine (spot held for first player waiting)
9. Chip Dickerson
10. Josh Lewis
11. Randy Flakes
12. Nick Principe
13. Tom Wirth
14. Romeo Torres
15. Chris Loafman
16. Charles Loeffler

Waiting list / Unconfirmed:

1. Brian White
2. Hunter White
3. Justin Gilsinan