CaliRed's How To: How to put someone on Ignore

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Greetings,

This is Part 1 of CaliRed's How To: series.

Today's topic.... How to put that annoying poster/posters on your ignore list. They have ticked you off long enough. It has built up inside you long enough.... The last time you read something by them, you spit at your monitor and while cleaning it up, you felt like YOU were the idiot:eek:

So you asked yourself... is there some way I don't have to read their posts?

CaliRed says YES!!! There is!!!! Put that/those buffoons on your ignore list!!

The following tutorial will show you how. Please bear one thing in mind. It will hide the users posts, but you can still see what they post, if someone replies to it and quotes them.

So if you're ready to proceed, please start off by writing down the exact way their screen name is, as you will have to input it shortly.

Note: It was not my intention to use any one person in this example, as you can see I tried to use my own name, but I cannot IGNORE myself:D, so I had to choose someone else.... SORRY!!:rolleyes:

1.usercp.jpg

2.ignorelist.jpg

3.updateignore.jpg

4.seeresults.jpg

5.results.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I've tried to put SJD on ignore(many times) and I always get a message saying "you must send a case of Yukon Jack to put this member on ignore". What's up with that?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed that was a great tutorial:)
i think everyone should go thru it exactly as you have it in the example
and keep it that way:D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
newfosgatesucks said:
I wonder if another current thread may have sparked this....

It's been asked a few times and since a new poster asked how to do it, or he might walk... I thought now was as good as time as any.

These things usually get done, after a few people ask how to do something and I, or someone else, will type up how to do it, then the next time it comes up, you don't want to go search for the post or re-type it up again, you bring up the big guns ----- The Tutorial WITH PICTURES!!!!

OBTW.. regarding Dennis's avatar... that ain't no girl:eek: She's been around the block a few times:D