Jason Miller vs. Ike Runnels 2005 D.C.C. #2

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Jack the 1 with a bit of left to kill the angle and let the CB die at the bottom rail.
Or
Bounce the 1 up to the 7 and leave the CB on the rail so all he's got is the ball at the side.

bstroud

Verified Member
With the score as it is I think I would roll to the one ball and send it up buy the side pocket and put the cue ball on the end rail.

You need to put the heat on your opponent here not go for a flier.

Bill Stroud

John Brumback

Verified Member
The score

The score

wouldn't enter my mind here.I'm thinning off the one and trying to get lucky and tie the brown ball and the one up a little and going down table with the cball.I'd rather just pass In this spot and let him take the next one from where
I leave him.Like i said,I don't think the score has anything to do with this shot.Futher more...When and If he shoots at the next long rail bank I just left him,he'll have the added pressure of selling out a good bank when and If he misses.Least that's my story and I'm sticking to It.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
John Brumback said:
wouldn't enter my mind here.I'm thinning off the one and trying to get lucky and tie the brown ball and the one up a little and going down table with the cball.I'd rather just pass In this spot and let him take the next one from where
I leave him.Like i said,I don't think the score has anything to do with this shot.Futher more...When and If he shoots at the next long rail bank I just left him,he'll have the added pressure of selling out a good bank when and If he misses.Least that's my story and I'm sticking to It.John B.
Good idea for a player of your caliber, but here's probably how I would hit it:eek: .

CBD's Shot.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i always figure if i was as good as you guys i wouldnt miss:D
so why not shoot:eek: :rolleyes:
i'll try to think more defensively in the future:eek:
at least in 1p i look to play safe when appropriate:)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
John Brumback said:
Oh woops.You had me for a min.I was going to say that's just what I said. lol

Well..what would you really do? John B.
John,

With my current state of eyesight I would probably mess up the shot, just like I showed. If I could see what I was doing I think I would play a very simple safe and let him shoot. The 3 is tied up and if he misses the straight-back on the 7 he leaves me a shot at the 1 ball.

CBD's Shot 2.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Safe of course

Safe of course

Cross over the face of the one ball. Cue ball to the side rail and then down to the cushion of the foot rail. Bank the one ball straight back to around the 1st diamond on the head rail. With the 1 and 7 so far apart there should be no place to play a proper safe. He should be forced to shoot at something low percentage from here and more importantly, wherever the cue ball lands afterwards should provide a decent shot for the win.

Beard

Dennis was posting his reply as I was just finishing mine. Great minds think alike.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
John,

With my current state of eyesight I would probably mess up the shot, just like I showed. If I could see what I was doing I think I would play a very simple safe and let him shoot. The 3 is tied up and if he misses the straight-back on the 7 he leaves me a shot at the 1 ball.

View attachment 3562

Man has got to know his limitations.Good thinking,I think.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Cross over the face of the one ball. Cue ball to the side rail and then down to the cushion of the foot rail. Bank the one ball straight back to around the 1st diamond on the head rail. With the 1 and 7 so far apart there should be no place to play a proper safe. He should be forced to shoot at something low percentage from here and more importantly, wherever the cue ball lands afterwards should provide a decent shot for the win.

Beard
Great minds think alike:D . See post #11.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Great minds think alike:D . See post #11.

Dennis

Yeah whatever.I think all 3 of us have picked pretty good shots,I just like mine a little bit better.haha.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Dennis was posting his reply as I was just finishing mine. Great minds think alike.
John,

I hope you're taking notes here, we know it won't be easy but one day Freddy & I will have you playing great:D .

Dennis

bstroud

Verified Member
I think the real point here is to put the cue ball on the end rail and let your opponent take the risk. There are lots of way to do that.

Bill Stroud

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
John,

I hope you're taking notes here, we know it won't be easy but one day Freddy & I will have you playing great:D .

Dennis

I'm trying Dennis.Carry on,If you would.Won't be long and I'll need glasses too.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I think that Ike chose a poor shot to shoot. I guess it gave him a chance to make the game ball but he almost scratched uptable.

P.S. One of the primary things to do when you need one ball is protect whitey at all costs, take no chances. The safe off the face of the 1 ball does that much better than this shot.

IR's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_1.Jpeg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
so does jason do the same kind of shot here
try to tie up the one with the other solid
or try to make it??
or some thing else??