Action At Gary's Victorville Billiards

baby huey

Verified Member
John Schmidt is supposed to be playing Santos even up one pocket tonight at Gary's for about $3k apiece. Also playing nine ball will be Geronimo vs some Hungarian player (unknown name) even up for an unknown amount. John lost even up to Santos last week at Manilla Billiards in Hawthorne and this is a return match. These matches are being streamed on FOV POOL not POV POOL

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John Schmidt is supposed to be playing Santos even up one pocket tonight at Gary's for about $3k apiece. Also playing nine ball will be Geronimo vs some Hungarian player (unknown name) even up for an unknown amount. John lost even up to Santos last week at Manilla Billiards in Hawthorne and this is a return match. These matches are being streamed on FOV POOL not POV POOL

Can't find anything on fov pool. Pov says they are streaming this Thursday night per pov's website.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I was going to take the 45 minute drive to go see this match but decided against it because it's too chilly out. 65 degrees is a bit chilly for me.
I make John the favorite here. He plays very well on these tables. I watched the match the last time they played in a pinoy room in Los Angeles and it could have gone either way. In That match Santos could have easily scratched about three or four times and if only half of them had scratched John would have won.

Both players played amazing with Santos making some unbelievable outs with most balls being at the opposite end of the table. And John pocketing balls while showing us his fluid stroke.

POV is only streaming the 10 ball match with Foldes and Edgie. The first match with them is a blowout with Edgie up by a good margin in a race to 15, two out of three sets. The one pocket is being played at the same time in another part of the room.

baby huey

Verified Member
I apologize to all that read my thread. I could not locate the FOV site myself and was only able to watch the POV match. It was advertised as such. Oh well. I agree with the "Barber" about the one pocket match. I think John just has more experience than Santos and should edge him out on a consistent basis. But never underestimate the ability of a great ball striker.