Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to starfix_1
Default One Pocket anyone...?

I am currently working in Boston, Mass. I cannot believe after soliciting everyone in several pool halls I can't even get a game. Is this an epidemic? Is the dollar so tight people cannot even afford to play for 10-20 a game. I go back to work on Friday and tomorrow I am going to see if the people of Rhode Island want to make a little money- God knows I am trying to give it away.

I even called the founder of this site and left a message for him to call. I will drive all the way to New Hampshire to find a game if one exist.

Two years ago I came here and it was the same action. I just want to thank the one guy who actually stood up and played- Owner of Country Club- so thanks...
Old 10-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfix_1
I am currently working in Boston, Mass. I cannot believe after soliciting everyone in several pool halls I can't even get a game. Is this an epidemic? Is the dollar so tight people cannot even afford to play for 10-20 a game. I go back to work on Friday and tomorrow I am going to see if the people of Rhode Island want to make a little money- God knows I am trying to give it away.

I even called the founder of this site and left a message for him to call. I will drive all the way to New Hampshire to find a game if one exist.

Two years ago I came here and it was the same action. I just want to thank the one guy who actually stood up and played- Owner of Country Club- so thanks...

Hey starfix, Forgeddabout those uptight NewEnglanders - Just come visit Chicago instead next time.......

....The One Pocket Ghost, self proclaimed-Official-City of Chicago-Greeter of visiting One Pocket players, would be honored to rob...oops, I meant to say join you in a neighborly game of the greatest game in the world - One Pocket..........^_^
Old 10-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:

If you called me, I must have missed it. Try me again; I would play this Saturday if you are available.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Verified Member

"would be honored to rob...oops, I meant to say join you "

Bet ya the Ghoster had it right the first time

Pel

Last edited by Pelican; 10-24-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican

Pel
The Ghost is way too smart & tough. When he was in Southern California I offered to play some cheap if he came up to Hard Times in Sacramento. He wanted a plane ticket, that way it would be all profit. Somebody else won my Social Security check that month. I may have a chance with my new Chuck Starkey cue when I get used to it.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican

Pel

Pel, you hurt my feelings, and I very much resemble what you said !
Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Verified Member

[QUOTE=jrhendy] The Ghost is way too smart & tough. When he was in Southern California I offered to play some cheap if he came up to Hard Times in Sacramento. He wanted a plane ticket, that way it would be all profit. QUOTE]

John....Come on now, you've got it backwards....I needed the plane ticket to make up for all of my cheese that I was going to lose to you !
Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost
Pel, you hurt my feelings, and I very much resemble what you said !

LMAO

Pel
Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:

I missed your post by a few days but am available this afternoon (Sunday). Snookers in Providence has free pool today.

Joe T
Old 10-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt10ball
I missed your post by a few days but am available this afternoon (Sunday). Snookers in Providence has free pool today.

Joe T
Hi Joe! I actually did end up playing a little one pocket for a few hours Thursday with Mike, and he mentioned Providence, and I mentioned your name. I just have precious little free time -- maybe next time Mike is available it would work for him to come down to RI. You guys should exchange a PM with your contact info...