Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Verified Member

Default Gabe Owen

There was speculation in another thread as to Gabe Owen's current status. This should help answer the question.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petie View Post
There was speculation in another thread as to Gabe Owen's current status. This should help answer the question.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/44098796
I watched part of that match. It was played at "Shooters" in Olathe, Kansas. I'm pretty sure that's John Gabriel (another underrated player IMO) in the dark hoodie on the table to the right of our screen.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Verified Member

That was from Feb though.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Verified Member

I think I would have thinned off the 1 and stuck Gabe froze behind that ball. I see everything as wwyd!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u12armresl View Post
That was from Feb though.
More recent than "the last couple of years."
Old 08-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Verified Member

I must say that its a sad day when you have to respond to your own thread just to keep it going. That said, I think Gabe is a long way from top one-pocket-player status. His strength has always been his ability to run balls. I remember sweating a money match of his with Cliff Joyner. He was playing a guy they called, "the Deamon." I think the Deamon was European. He was short and looked like a gargoyle. They were playing for $100 a game and though giving up sizeable weight, Gabe was drubbing him. Every so many games Deamon would have to go get some more cash. Gabe was running every rack and on the racks where Deamon left to get cash, Gabe would keep running until he had run 15. It was uncanny. He seemed to never miss.

On the other hand, watching the video that I posted in the beginning of this thread, I see he seems to have a lot of trouble with shot choice. He seems to lack patience or discipline. He would profit greatly from a lesson from the Ghost. I'm sincere when I say that, Luke.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:26 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petie View Post
I must say that its a sad day when you have to respond to your own thread just to keep it going. That said, I think Gabe is a long way from top one-pocket-player status. His strength has always been his ability to run balls. I remember sweating a money match of his with Cliff Joyner. He was playing a guy they called, "the Deamon." I think the Deamon was European. He was short and looked like a gargoyle. They were playing for $100 a game and though giving up sizeable weight, Gabe was drubbing him. Every so many games Deamon would have to go get some more cash. Gabe was running every rack and on the racks where Deamon left to get cash, Gabe would keep running until he had run 15. It was uncanny. He seemed to never miss.

On the other hand, watching the video that I posted in the beginning of this thread, I see he seems to have a lot of trouble with shot choice. He seems to lack patience or discipline. He would profit greatly from a lesson from the Ghost. I'm sincere when I say that, Luke.
Seeing as how he is both from Oklahoma and good friends with Jeremy Jones, you'd think he'd be well-versed in one hole. He has placed high at Derby multiple times.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:58 AM
Verified Member

@straightback

Quote:
He has placed high at Derby multiple times.
He won it once, I think it was '08.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
@straightback

He won it once, I think it was '08.
He times I have watched him, I have been impressed with his squeezing.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:52 AM
Verified Member

Did you guys watch the video?