Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brumback View Post
Not that it probably means much Larry ( just throwing it out there),but I am right handed and left eyed dominant. I have to shoot guns left handed but that's the only thing I do left handed.I don't have a clue where my eyes are over the cue,to this day. Like Rod said...that should have come to ya about the first hour you shot pool.Some of this stuff they come up with is just mind boggling to me. Just practice and never think about it...believe me....It'll come to ya people. ( Meaning...IE: you won't have to think and worry about it ) (inside tip) John B.
Well, JB, some of us hackers like to think that people with superior natural ability don't grasp how hard is is for us to take small steps in the right direction.

In my opinion the vast majority of people on the planet could never become shortstops with ANY amount of practice (and there are a few 12-year-olds who can beat shortstops.)
Old 08-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Verified Member

@Doc

Quote:
To make this shot you have to twist your wrist outward at contact, and pinch your first two toes together of your backward foot.
You mean I'm not supposed to be doing that on every shot?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brumback View Post
Little Buddy...you promise I will never scratch off that stinkin corner ball again? I'm going to work with it some. I have this feeling you are right Skipper
Hit a little more of the head ball and get rid of most scratches.
Rod.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd View Post
Hit a little more of the head ball and get rid of most scratches.
Rod.
Gotcha Little Buddy....I've been gettin to gready tryin to make the ball

Wonder if that's why Efren's break doesn't look that good? Has anyone ever seen him scratch off the break? John B.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
Well, JB, some of us hackers like to think that people with superior natural ability don't grasp how hard is is for us to take small steps in the right direction.

In my opinion the vast majority of people on the planet could never become shortstops with ANY amount of practice (and there are a few 12-year-olds who can beat shortstops.)
That's cool and I see where your coming from John B.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
@Doc
You mean I'm not supposed to be doing that on every shot?
Well, actually, I think that technique works best on shots where a guy wants the cue ball to pick up speed...

~Doc
Old 08-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddieF. View Post
If the table is level ,I always break to the right hand pocket. One very important reason is when shooting a spot shot it is easier for me to see where to hit object ball. Another reason is, it is easier for me to put right hand English on cue ball when breaking. I have more confidence putting 1 o'clock English with a better touch for speed to hit the rack . Bottom line for me I can see the cut angle better shooting to the right. Dr.Bill said you can reach more shots shooting to right pocket I agree. All you right handed players think what is easier to make a spot shot,I would bet right hand players shoot spot shots to the right hand pocket.
I would think the opposite on spot shots. I thought most right hand players would choose shooting a spot shot in the left corner pocket. I know I'm more comfortable shooting the spot shot with bottom right to the left pocket. I have started taking the right side more, just because the table may favor the right side and I want to break as good equally to both sides.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

I sure agree about the natural talent part, but would like to see a 12 year old that can beat a shortstop?
Old 08-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backplaying View Post
I sure agree about the natural talent part, but would like to see a 12 year old that can beat a shortstop?
at what age was cole dickson/keith mcgrady/or shannon daulton beating shortstops????
maybe not 12 but i bet not too many years after that
heck shannon beat the pros in one pocket when i think he was only 17......
you cant teach talent....
just sayin....
Old 08-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
at what age was cole dickson/keith mcgrady/or shannon daulton beating shortstops????
maybe not 12 but i bet not too many years after that
heck shannon beat the pros in one pocket when i think he was only 17......
you cant teach talent....
just sayin....
Quote:
Originally Posted by backplaying View Post

Landon Shuffett maybe? Not sure how good he was at 12, but he was real good.