Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Verified Member

The reason why I asked about RA's stroke is that if he was able to get out from everywhere like the stories tell, I would be surprised that he did it using the stroke he had in that video.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Yeah, I've always preferred cross trainers over cross dressers...

~Doc

lol. Agreed, Doc. How do you feel about 5'2" cross dressers that play 3C?

Lou Figueroa
maybe they're
taller in heels
Old 10-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightback View Post
The reason why I asked about RA's stroke is that if he was able to get out from everywhere like the stories tell, I would be surprised that he did it using the stroke he had in that video.
Ever look at Reyes' stroke?

Bill S.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

I have often said that we all create our own personal realities when it comes to pool. And in RA's case he created a reality that, with the stroke he had, could accomplish incredible things. He learned to use the stroke he had.

it's one of the reasons one should always take the instructor taught, pretty as a picture, pendulum stroke theories with a huge honking grain of salt.

Lou Figueroa
Old 10-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstroud View Post

Bill S.

Oh yeah. Or Busta's.

Drive you nuts. BUT they make it magic.

Lou Figueroa
Old 10-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstroud View Post

Bill S.
While he does not pull his cue back in a straight line, his stroke is of sufficient length that that he can generate the speed and spin required to do anything.

While I would not teach his stroke to a new player, i can think of many players who have poorer fundamentals.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd View Post
You certainly have to know what your stroke feels like, after bunting a while it's a mystery to those who haven't learned that. Shooting a lot gets you in rythm and you'll take it for granted, but if you can't turn it on when you need it, you'll have problems til you master that.
Rod.
Yes, I have to get in a rhythm to have a chance at getting in stroke in rotation games, which hasn't happened much since I've been back playing and I haven't been able to a just and be a good ball runner in one pocket yet, because of it. I seem to miss balls playing one hole, I wouldn't think of missing playing 9 or 10 ball.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backplaying View Post
I seem to miss balls playing one hole, I wouldn't think of missing playing 9 or 10 ball.
Everybody does. Period. There are NO exceptions. It is part of the game. Getting out of your chair and having to smoke one down the rail is another skill you have to learn - some do it poorly, some do it well.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Petie, 1pocket is the toughest game. You need to have so many shots in your tool box... most 9ball players have no clue about.

Lou Figueroa
Out of the top ten one pocket players, I can't think of many who aren't great 9 ball players.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Suspended

Quote:
While he does not pull his cue back in a straight line, his stroke is of sufficient length that that he can generate the speed and spin required to do anything.

While I would not teach his stroke to a new player, i can think of many players who have poorer fundamentals.
Efren's stroke is reminiscent of Jim Furyk's golf swing! Looks like crap going back, but, like ALL great golfer's at contact his club is as perfect as Ben Hogan's! This in pool, not so much in snooker and 3C players, pool players fundamentals are NOT always perfect. But, as Buddy Hall's stroke is perfect from start to finish, Efren's looks identical to his at contact, pure and straight!