One Pocket sayings...

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I need one you need them all, with one ball left
Not many people have even seen that shot, little nuff be able to make it.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Just thought of another good one. You make a ball that luckly kisses off another, you say"Man I hate to take that ,but the rules say I have to."---Smitty

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
This one has nothing to do with 1P but heard this at Legends in League City, Tx.
Two guys were fixing to fight or it seemed so anyway. This one guy tells the other,"I just think you need to know that I know karate". The other guys says," Well that will keep you in this fight for another 2 minutes".
I had to bust out laughing.---Smitty

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I take no credit for any of these, but...

- take care of whitey and whitey will take care of you

- rearranged the furniture

- that's a dumping your backer shot

- You gave me a Rolando rack (local guy - when he racks, the corner ball always sells out).

- stick and move

- it's time to go

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I was playing a good player when I lived in NY and really doing well and this old timer on the sideline said "We should take this kid on the road.". I was not used to being stroked a little and proceeded to shoot my load, I miss an easy shot. The old guy who was a hell of a player that everyone respected and looked up to then says, "We won't need much gas.". What a character he was, haha. :lol

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Who cares if he missed the ball , look at that cueball control!
You're on 2
Kicks like a mule
Wouldn't bet waters wet.

I was at the DCC a couple years ago in the gambling room.
An older, studious looking guy asks a pretty good young player, if he wanted to play some one pocket.
The kid says "Hell No, you look like you probably invented the game"

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
over on azb a thread was started along time ago
one pocket is so slow...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=170446
this was posted today by creedo
One pocket is so slow, winnings have to be adjusted for inflation.

One pocket is so slow, the first thing players ask after a set is "who's president now?"

One pocket is so slow, after the match... coin collectors want the pennies you used to mark owed balls.

as a 1p player most of the sayings are pretty funny if you have the right point on view /frame of mind
even tho i think the posters are 9 ballers who know not what they sayeth
just sayething:D

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
"Stick and stay and make it pay." - Artie B.

When your opponent misses a shot you tell them: "You must be betting with your own money." (someone told me that's what Cornbread used to say)

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I still have to say one of my favorites was Grady's, "that shot is fraught with peril".

or

Danny D's, he has the two rail, he's not going to shoot it, but he has it... I hear him say that in every match he has ever commentated on...

or

Freddy B, when talking about Artie playing Ronnie Allen, they circled each other...

B

Tap, Tap, tap

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
A strong player in MD. by the name of Sterling has a good one. When he put someone in a deep trap he would tell him he had the guy in Dracula's Den.
No daylight.

Tom

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
A strong player in MD. by the name of Sterling has a good one. When he put someone in a deep trap he would tell him he had the guy in Dracula's Den.
No daylight.

Tom
I have heard the DC players now and then call a certain situation, "Nellie's room" (I think :) ). If I understood correctly, it describes a confining cue ball trap that one player creates by sending the cue ball into a semi-contained crevice in the side of the stack, at the same time gently knocking an object ball off the rail and also in towards the cue ball, kind of like closing off the one exit to the crevice where the cue ball is lodged, so the cue ball ends up buried inside the cluster of balls. Sounds like Dracula's den is similar to Nellie's room :D

RedCard

Verified Member
Vernon Elliot

Vernon Elliot

Study long, study wrong.

Many years ago at a place I think was called the Parkmoor (bowling alley & pool), I was talking to Vernon Elliot who proceeded to describe a recent one pocket game as something like 'after two shots it looked like a bulldozer had moved all the balls over around my pocket'.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
"Stick and stay and make it pay." - Artie B.

When your opponent misses a shot you tell them: "You must be betting with your own money." (someone told me that's what Cornbread used to say)

demonrho,

You're half-right...that's what I used to tell him:):p:D.

Notice the smilies nuthuggers:eek:. For the record, Red was the most fear-inspiring, awe-inspiring player I ever played and we had a ton of fun everytime we played:).

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Classic needles..Part 1

Classic needles..Part 1

I'm sure John H. has heard this many times...Whenever RA escaped a death trap, or made a super shot,...He would often launch into his horrible, off-key rendition of Gene Autry's song, "I'm Back in the Saddle Again"...Always of course, with his perfect timing, for maximum 'piss-off' effect, and crowd enjoyment..:cool:

After about his 2nd, or 3rd encore,..I have seen lesser men, ponder what their sentence might be, for killing him outright !....
(not me of course !) :frus

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I have heard the DC players now and then call a certain situation, "Nellie's room" (I think :) ). If I understood correctly, it describes a confining cue ball trap that one player creates by sending the cue ball into a semi-contained crevice in the side of the stack, at the same time gently knocking an object ball off the rail and also in towards the cue ball, kind of like closing off the one exit to the crevice where the cue ball is lodged, so the cue ball ends up buried inside the cluster of balls. Sounds like Dracula's den is similar to Nellie's room :D

You are right Steve,
Nellie's room and Dracula's den are pretty much the same thing. NO DAYLIGHT and in a trap they aren't likely to get out of without a blood loss.

Tom