Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobermory View Post
I'd be going all out to make the 14 off the 9 ball. I'd hit the carom hard enough that if I miss the 9 it won't be left for an easy bank. I feel pretty confident that I could 2 rail the 8 and roll the CB near enough to the short rail to deny a shot on the 14, but I'd hate to get that shot wrong, as it would lead to a quick loss.
I didnt even consider caroming his ball in. It wasn't hanging but you opened my eyes up to this shot... smart thinking.

Last edited by ChicagoFats; 08-30-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
if you are giving 12 to 6 to a guy that can run 3 85% of the time you need to be good enough to make the 8 and run 3 more 85% of the time.

shouldnt there be more balls on the table.
I was wondering about this too. I am assuming with a 12-6 game, that is a long count, so Fats would have spotted his first two balls, effectively playing 10-6 from there on out, correct? So if he did that and factored that in, then the score Fats said, 5-3 his favor, leaves him needing 5 and Ray needing 3 which does add up right looking at the seven balls left on the table. That is not a bad score situation for Fats, but obviously the table situation favors Ray a lot.

Given that, I might kick softly to the bottom rail over near the 14, aiming between the 8 and the side pocket basically. It looks too dangerous to me to try to kick out the 14 from there, but I'd like to lol.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:03 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
I was wondering about this too. I am assuming with a 12-6 game, that is a long count, so Fats would have spotted his first two balls, effectively playing 10-6 from there on out, correct? So if he did that and factored that in, then the score Fats said, 5-3 his favor, leaves him needing 5 and Ray needing 3 which does add up right looking at the seven balls left on the table. That is not a bad score situation for Fats, but obviously the table situation favors Ray a lot.

Given that, I might kick softly to the bottom rail over near the 14, aiming between the 8 and the side pocket basically. It looks too dangerous to me to try to kick out the 14 from there, but I'd like to lol.

You guys are really coming up with some good options. I normally shoot really fast regardless of safe or offense, but I obviously took some time here even to capture pictures.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:09 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFats View Post
You guys are really coming up with some good options. I normally shoot really fast regardless of safe or offense, but I obviously took some time here even to capture pictures.
It's always nice tah see ones perspective compared to others.

My choice would be determined First by what I could or could Not do, safely with the 8 using inside spin. If I could shoot the 8 and, come long rail/short rail & drop to about the middle of the foot rail, then that's a go. And if I missed the 8 , my ball speed would not leave it near my pocket for a return bank. If I can get whitey correctly to the foot rail and pocket that 8, I will bank that ball by his hole into my pocket.
no link....
Old 08-30-2019, 11:24 AM
Verified Member

Anyone brazen enough to cut the 6 in and z the cue ball down to end rail? Or is that too touchy?
Old 08-30-2019, 11:27 AM
Verified Member

yea i was writing 12 to 6 and thinking 14 to 6, so the ball count is right. my blip.

still giving someone that spot i dont think its the right spot if he can run 3 from that spot 85% of the time, and looking at the ball positions he seems to move well. thats just a comment.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
yea i was writing 12 to 6 and thinking 14 to 6, so the ball count is right. my blip.

still giving someone that spot i dont think its the right spot if he can run 3 from that spot 85% of the time, and looking at the ball positions he seems to move well. thats just a comment.
I never get in good games, but it was fun.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Verified Member

it seems you can cut the 6 and keep him doubled or trippled up well enough so I don't dis like that at all
Old 08-30-2019, 06:17 PM
Verified Member

Come on, Fats. I used to know a girl who behaved like this - I finally had to stop calling her.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:43 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappo View Post
I would hit the 9 ball straight on with the speed that's necessary to lay the cueball on the bottom rail. I believe i will have a better shot to possibly clear that ball by his pocket in the next couple of innings or have a better offensive opportunity. Keith
This would be my choice as well. No need to gamble from this position, especially considering how the ball are positioned. Floating down to the bottom rail and positioning the 9ball on your side will offer you the best chance of getting away from this threatening situation. IMO

Dr. Bill