Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2019, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOnePocket View Post
I'm twisting the nine down to my hole pocket speed, focusing on spinning into the 10 ball hard enough to kick it away, but leaving the cue ball on the endrail. They will have a terrible 11 ball shot i'd live with.

Alt shot would be to bank the 13 ball with med speed with the intent to collide with the 3 and 15, pulling all 3 balls to my side, the cue ball will be hit with low right draw tight into the corner going 2 rails and heading toward the side rail where the chalk is sitting.

Both a bit overzealous, ducking is probably correct..
Went to the Poolhall tonight and set this up and tried both shots several times, I hit shot #1 good 2 out of 10 times...so fail

Shot #2 was a bit better, but the ally for the cue ball to travel back down table just isn't realistic, you really have to hit that 13 with speed to get those balls to all move. Mostly it was a disaster with the cue ball colliding with something in the center and leaving him out.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:48 AM
Verified Member

if that 11 was not there i would be kicking the 15. i may still do it even with it there
Old 10-05-2019, 05:53 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Well, Darrel & Robert agreed with Paul (yeah Cory, "Mexican Paul")....Paul, being the careful player that I said he is, did in fact shoot the shot of coming off of the 6ball and then back against the 3/15...and being the approx. .800 3cushion player that he is, he hit it almost perfectly (leaving the cueball froze between/against the 15-3 would have been perfect) ...he left it like this >>>
The reason i do not like that shot is it is really easy to lose with it, leaving an easy bank or something. You can't win with it. He aint in no tough trap now. All the balls are still in the other guys favor. That position he is going for right there is only powerful if he has a ball in front of his hole.

He could lost, nothin good could happen, the guy aint in no bad trap = bad shot in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Well, Darrel & Robert agreed with Paul (yeah Cory, "Mexican Paul")....Paul, being the careful player that I said he is, did in fact shoot the shot of coming off of the 6ball and then back against the 3/15...and being the approx. .800 3cushion player that he is, he hit it almost perfectly (leaving the cueball froze between/against the 15-3 would have been perfect) ...he left it like this >>>
What did you do Next?
Old 10-05-2019, 10:32 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
The reason i do not like that shot is it is really easy to lose with it, leaving an easy bank or something. You can't win with it. He aint in no tough trap now. All the balls are still in the other guys favor. That position he is going for right there is only powerful if he has a ball in front of his hole.

He could lost, nothin good could happen, the guy aint in no bad trap = bad shot in my opinion.
Not in a trap? What would you do from where Ghostie is now? Seems he has only a few bad options. He could play the ticky game with the 15 ball on the bottom rail, not likely to produce anything. He can attempt the bank on the 11 ball; but from where he is it is a difficult shot, provides no shape, and it is tough to get safe if he misses. He could play off the 6 ball but again tough to get safe.

One of the most important axioms of OP is if I can dictate my opponents next shot or at least limit his options (especially to bad options), I can control the table, and that leads to winning. That is what was done with the previous shot.

You certainly cannot expect to shoot only shots that can "win the game", and all moves are not "ducking".
Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd.2

So, here's some bonus fun for today whilst we watch some football.

Let's all play out this WWYD from where Ghostie finds himself now (see post #68). Later maybe he will share with us what he actually did from here.

I say he is in trouble, and to be honest I am not sure what to do?

W..W..Y..D..

Last edited by darmoose; 10-05-2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: error
Old 10-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Verified Member

I'd probably end up kicking into the 13. As long as the 13 hits the side rail, there's no penalty, and there's a lot of latitude there.

The 11 straight-back is an option, providing the 6 isn't in the way. A simple stop shot would prevent a return shot, but it would be a weak leave for the shooter. The CB may be too close to the rail though, which would hurt accuracy. If the 11 should pocket then the shooter might blast away the two balls on the foot rail.

~Doc
Old 10-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post
Not in a trap? What would you do from where Ghostie is now? Seems he has only a few bad options. He could play the ticky game with the 15 ball on the bottom rail, not likely to produce anything. He can attempt the bank on the 11 ball; but from where he is it is a difficult shot, provides no shape, and it is tough to get safe if he misses. He could play off the 6 ball but again tough to get safe.

One of the most important axioms of OP is if I can dictate my opponents next shot or at least limit his options (especially to bad options), I can control the table, and that leads to winning. That is what was done with the previous shot.

You certainly cannot expect to shoot only shots that can "win the game", and all moves are not "ducking".
Whats wrong with elevating shooting directly into the 15ball using maximum left English (like near the left edge of cue ball) to avoid the foul and use a quick wrist stroke which helps with accuracy and tip speed. This technique will allow you to control the cue ball and lessen the chance of fouling. The 15ball will be repositioned to your side and your opponent will be behind the 3ball with limited options and no offensive ones.

Dr. Bill
Old 10-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Verified Member

as good as he hit that shot to get behind the two balls. he didnt gain much at all. and if he missed getting perfect it could be disaster.

against a good player giving up a turn at the table to do damage is a disaster.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
Whats wrong with elevating shooting directly into the 15ball using maximum left English (like near the left edge of cue ball) to avoid the foul and use a quick wrist stroke which helps with accuracy and tip speed. This technique will allow you to control the cue ball and lessen the chance of fouling. The 15ball will be repositioned to your side and your opponent will be behind the 3ball with limited options and no offensive ones.

Dr. Bill
Bill, I'm curious. What shot would you have chosen in Paul's original position in this wwyd?

Old School