Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2019, 07:18 PM
Verified Member

Default Ghost vs. Ike 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post
I would try this since no spin on the cue ball is required. If it goes I have position on the twelve ball, if not, it's protected by the stack.

The eight ball appears to be enough out of the way to allow a decent hit on the cue ball.

Attachment 25245

Anything else would be uncivilized 👍
Old 10-22-2019, 07:20 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy View Post
I am coming thin off the five, opening those three balls up and going two rails into the stack. Much easier than the bank.
This is the shot I saw also. I wouldn't want to leave the 8 dead off the 5 if they kicked into my corner, been beat too many times with that Hail Mary.

Last edited by Billy Jackets; 10-22-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
I am coming thin off the five, opening those three balls up and going two rails into the stack. Much easier than the bank.
That's a very nice shot, as long as you don't need to put any left spin on the CB (because it's hard to gauge). Played properly that would really put the opponent in deep do-do...

Otherwise I'd shoot Frank's straight-back on the 1 ball.

~Doc
Old 10-22-2019, 07:57 PM

Looks like a natural angle to tick off the 5 ball and send the cue ball 2 rails under the 13 ball, IDK why you'd look to foul up 3 - 0 with the natural angle.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:15 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
In this situation with that score Iím shooting my shot no matter whom Iím playing. As much as I admire Ike and his abilities Iím still shooting. Ike and I are no strangers in competition. I donít see much of a down side to the shot.
Iím usually with Barber and this is no exception.
As Seasons said in that movie...
It ainít that hard a shot.

PS Iíd almost bet most here would shoot it.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:45 PM
Verified Member

If I am playing cheap, sure I shoot the straight back, it's a good shot!

For me though if I am betting higher or in a tourney really trying to win, my choice to play off the 3 is based on 2 things:

1) I dont like where the 3 is currently sitting. He can keep me off the combo a lot easier with the 3 staying in that position so I want to move it and I also like leaving distance for my opponent coming to the table when I can.

2) Jacking up in any situation gives you less control over the OB and the CB no matter how well you play, so when I can, I also try to shoot more level with the least amount of obstacles.

The zig zag into the stack was the very first thing that popped into my head but I dont want to move that combo by coming off the 5 and I dont need to take a foul here when I can leave him up table and get a better look next time.

just my 2 cents
Old 10-22-2019, 09:51 PM
Verified Member

I like taking the intentional and kick two rails to the stack. I like where the 5ball is now, no need to move it.

Dr. Bill
Old 10-22-2019, 10:19 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
I like taking the intentional and kick two rails to the stack. I like where the 5ball is now, no need to move it.

Dr. Bill
Zig sagging into the stack will just invite Ike to zig zag back into the five ball and destroy your combo. Just needs to move those balls an inch or two. Easy to do.

That two rail kick into the stack option will cause you a ball and his reply might not cost him any because those balls are so close to the rail.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:53 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Zig sagging into the stack will just invite Ike to zig zag back into the five ball and destroy your combo. Just needs to move those balls an inch or two. Easy to do.

That two rail kick into the stack option will cause you a ball and his reply might not cost him any because those balls are so close to the rail.
If he zig zags back, you are likely to have a much better angle to play the bank, and he could/should be jacked up to make his shot harder.

I would rather shoot a short rail shot jacked up than trying to hit the long rail bank jacked up. But I am an old guy with the yips.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
If he zig zags back, you are likely to have a much better angle to play the bank, and he could/should be jacked up to make his shot harder.

I would rather shoot a short rail shot jacked up than trying to hit the long rail bank jacked up. But I am an old guy with the yips.
Don't forget with ton's of experience and wisdom, in 100% agreement plus that jacked up bank can go badly a lot of ways.