2nd or 3rd ball break?

StormHotRod300

Just curious as to know if using the 2nd ball or 3rd ball for the opening break makes a big difference?

I say this, because i hear about guys breaking and being able to pot a ball and then really being able to take control of the table.

dave

dinoboy1

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Il
"the break"

"the break"

Between the first two balls, is the magic spot.If your new to one pocket, dont worry about the pot. Sometimes you will pot a ball, sometimes you will not.
Top inside english, will prove to be the key. After about a million breaks, results you will see!

dinoboy1

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Il
dinoboy1 said:
Between the first two balls, is the magic spot.If your new to one pocket, dont worry about the pot. Sometimes you will pot a ball, sometimes you will not.
Top inside english, will prove to be the key. After about a million breaks, results you will see!

If by chance a ball will fall, happy you will be. A frown on your opponents face, is that of what you'll see.

StormHotRod300

Dinoboy1,

Thanks for the info.

The first time i played 1hole, the guy i was playing with was kinda new also, but gave me the lowdown on the break and told me about using high inside english and hitting about 2nd ball.

But being able to pot a ball seemed tough as hell too lol. But then I was also told that you can break as hard as you want but it just opens up the table and if you dont make anything, obviously It leaves your opponent a easy run out.

The reason I asked about this break and being able to pot a ball is I kept on reading in magazines about guys who would break and run out and just kill a guy in 1hole, and the same with straight pool too, which tends to have a similar break too.

Also, i would hear guys say they would practice playing 1hole or straight pool and running out from the break.

Anyways enough rambling.

dave

dinoboy1

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Il
re:

re:

Anytime Dave. Being the son of Fred "The Beard", has its rewards. Good luck, and "Bank on". Dino

StormHotRod300

Yea i would think being friends with those guys kinda has its perks.

I swear sometimes i wish i grew up back in the day with those guys, and being able to watch some of the stuff they can talk about.

dinoboy1

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Il
He is actually my father. Im only 32, and started playing when I was 15. I wish I could have been around some of the old greats myself. When I met some of them, they were no longer in their prime, but still fascinating characters! Dino

piggybank04

Verified Member
dinoboy1 said:
there is a way to make a ball in the hole.but for me to show you,I will need your soul.....signed your friend lucifer:D

dinoboy1

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Il
re

re

Ahh, but I can make a ball on the break.As for your assumption, it was a mistake!
If you really are satin, as you say, did you get all the letters I wrote you each day? Dino