Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Verified Member

great match..... i could see where playing on a slower table and having to adjust your style to the conditions would be very mentally draining--hats off to all the players and organizers!
Old 03-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Verified Member

All four guys played very well over the two day event. It's not likely that many of us could really get a feel for how it was playing one-pocket on a somewhat slow 10-foot table. Certainly the enhanced conditions added to the fatigue factor, especially for Frank and John on the long second day. But that Henderson seems indefatigable! Congratulations to John, and to all four guys for putting on a very enjoyable show. And Kudos to Daniel for providing a first rate stream.

~Doc
Old 03-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Verified Member

Congrats Hendy!!

Good playing guys, I like these small round robin tourneys.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post
It was a long day for me. I was running on fumes for the last half dozen games. Nine hours straight.

Got beat by my long time buddy John Henderson. He truly is a war horse. It's amazing how exhausting it is to play on a 10 footer for so many games. You see a lot of shots that you would normally take but then you start second guessing yourself. My body was still willing to go my mind was saying that enough is enough.

All in all it was quite an experience. Sorry I let you guys down that were rooting for me.
Both of you played great, 10 '

table made both of you play very defensive I realized the table scared both of you no loose playing but both of you guys are winners .
Old 03-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
All four guys played very well over the two day event. It's not likely that many of us could really get a feel for how it was playing one-pocket on a somewhat slow 10-foot table. Certainly the enhanced conditions added to the fatigue factor, especially for Frank and John on the long second day. But that Henderson seems indefatigable! Congratulations to John, and to all four guys for putting on a very enjoyable show. And Kudos to Daniel for providing a first rate stream.

~Doc
I agree it was quite enjoyble as well, and I watched alot of it while also playing on my own 10 footer. It did appear to me as well that the Boch table looked slow, but then I sometimes think mine is a bit slow as well, so I don't know if it's just because of the extra real estate,,,, maybe