Banks

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
It is indeed true...

I guess Truman was supposed to run it but I heard he had a heart attack recently so Michael and Justin from Legendary Billiards is going to run it.

I just saw the flyer on FB so I will add it to the events calendar and also make a post for it here in a few mins...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nice to watch some banks competition. It looks like they were playing all offense though (like in a ring game). Is defensive play discouraged, or was it just the nature of the players in the match I was watching?

~Doc

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Nice to watch some banks competition. It looks like they were playing all offense though (like in a ring game). Is defensive play discouraged, or was it just the nature of the players in the match I was watching?

~Doc

I only watched one match and then the stream started to fizzle plus i watched too much pool yesterday anyway so i had to call it quits. The one i saw looked like a pretty normal 9 ball banks game. Main event will have better players for sure. You do see more offense in these short races. Unless your going to leave them right in the pea patch if you miss, you need to shoot to win.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I went up there yesterday in hopes to play some one hole. Luckily there were a few "one pocket' only tables that were set aside and not used in the bank tourney. Unfortunately, everyone was playing in the tourney so I just hit some for a bit until my game walked in. :)

It was someone I played for years and I probably need 9/7 or 8/7 if I am playing good. But since I had not played in a long time, I just wanted to play so I told him I would play him even for $20/gm...

I played for 5 hours and ended up 6 games loser. The silver lining however was that every single game I had a chance to win. So whether it was moves I made or traps I escaped or good shots I made, I know I could have won if I had been ion stroke. My downfall was missing the straight in shots with ball in hand down the rail or having a chance to get out and only get 1 or 2. If I were playing every day or at least more often, I would have won some of those games I gave away.

In any case, I had fun and enjoyed the competition.

Can't wait to play again!

PS - Goldy was up there running the stream and not sure who was in the winners bracket still in the bumps but I would have to guess shannon murphy and someone...

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I went up there yesterday in hopes to play some one hole. Luckily there were a few "one pocket' only tables that were set aside and not used in the bank tourney. Unfortunately, everyone was playing in the tourney so I just hit some for a bit until my game walked in. :)

It was someone I played for years and I probably need 9/7 or 8/7 if I am playing good. But since I had not played in a long time, I just wanted to play so I told him I would play him even for $20/gm...

I played for 5 hours and ended up 6 games loser. The silver lining however was that every single game I had a chance to win. So whether it was moves I made or traps I escaped or good shots I made, I know I could have won if I had been ion stroke. My downfall was missing the straight in shots with ball in hand down the rail or having a chance to get out and only get 1 or 2. If I were playing every day or at least more often, I would have won some of those games I gave away.

In any case, I had fun and enjoyed the competition.

Can't wait to play again!

PS - Goldy was up there running the stream and not sure who was in the winners bracket still in the bumps but I would have to guess shannon murphy and someone...
Did you know who won the tournament Chris?