Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Verified Member

Default Question about inside english

I am having a problem carrying inside English to the second rail to extend the cue balls path on the second rail for position. I know it doesn't come up often to have to use this but I have seen it done...

Anybody care to expound?

B
Old 11-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgcp View Post
I am having a problem carrying inside English to the second rail to extend the cue balls path on the second rail for position. I know it doesn't come up often to have to use this but I have seen it done...

Anybody care to expound?

B
Either change the angle you are entering the first rail or load the cue ball heavier. I will say that a diagram word help immensely in addressing your question.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Verified Member

Default Okay

I am not that bright to add a diagram, maybe mitch, larry, or dustin could help with that...

B
Old 11-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Verified Member

hi billie are you concentrating on your follow thru? when i play 3 cushion the better the follow thru the longer the spin stays with the cue ball. keith
Old 11-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Verified Member

Default Keith

thanks, that worked... I was trying ghost's position shot... draw the cue off the first rail and then the inside takes the cue three rails for position...

B

the more I concentrated on the stroke and not the shot the better it worked... now if I can only remember that...lol
Old 11-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Verified Member

Default Question about inside english

Quote:
thanks, that worked... I was trying ghost's position shot... draw the cue off the first rail and then the inside takes the cue three rails for position...

B

the more I concentrated on the stroke and not the shot the better it worked... now if I can only remember that...lol

Glad you worked it out Bille. Now you're not allowed to use that against me on Saturday
Old 11-30-2014, 10:42 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

Anybody care to expound?

B
Quote:
Originally Posted by sappo View Post
hi billie are you concentrating on your follow thru? when i play 3 cushion the better the follow thru the longer the spin stays with the cue ball. keith
Quote:

B

I think this means you weren't hitting the cue ball where you intended to (maybe you were unconsciously steering your stroke to avoid miscuing) - focusing on your follow through kept your stroke straight through the cue ball. It helps me to also aim my stroke (tip) at a specific target past the cue ball (maybe on or near the object ball) - good for stroke and aim.

pj
chgo
Old 11-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Verified Member

You don't have to draw that shot - you can use 3 or 9 o'clock as well, depending on which way you're going.

Last edited by straightback; 11-30-2014 at 11:41 PM.