Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2014, 01:28 AM
Verified Member

Default ....PJ....this is my definition of English.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
You can actually cut the OB (a little) the same direction the CB goes - that's what Mike Page's video demonstrated (with some draw too).

If a CB with masse can change direction 180 degrees without touching anything this little 90-degree trick with an OB "stopper" is a cakewalk.

pj

chgo

I can attest to this very cool shot. Russell Parsons showed me this shot shooting an 8 ball (sitting dead straight) into a side pocket, and bringing the cue straight sideways to get position for a 9 ball which was sitting on the short rail.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
This Man is 75 years old, someone explain how the "change in direction" occurs in his masse shots!...
Good lord! Not bad for a 75 year old duff!

Puts me in mind of some of Sayginer's insane trick shots. Although I think Semih uses a little hair spray on the CB...

~Doc
Old 08-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Good lord! Not bad for a 75 year old duff!

Puts me in mind of some of Sayginer's insane trick shots. Although I think Semih uses a little hair spray on the CB...

~Doc
Here's the "kicker" Doc, the surroundings you see the table sitting is His private "billiard arena" in His 15,000 sq.ft. home in Spain! Not too shabby of a spot to hang your hat!
Old 08-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Verified Member

What makes the cue ball change direction? Well once the cue ball is traveling in a given direction, it has inertia or momentum and will continue on itís path until it stops or is subjected to another force. Several things can cause it to change direction:
Contact with another object such as a rail or a ball
Spin (Either imparted at the time the tip of the cue stick contacts in or picked up from the cloth or contact with another ball or the rail.
When we see seemingly miraculous changes in direction, it is usually a result of spin. When the spin overpowers inertia, we see surprising changes in direction.

On these fantastic shots, the player imparts tremendous spin on the ball with the initial contact of the tip of his cue. He also impart inertia to the cue ball by pushing it in a given direction. It still has spin when the inertia is neutralized and that is what makes it change direction.

How'd I do, Bill?
Old 08-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by petie View Post
What makes the cue ball change direction? Well once the cue ball is traveling in a given direction, it has inertia or momentum and will continue on itís path until it stops or is subjected to another force. Several things can cause it to change direction:
Contact with another object such as a rail or a ball
Spin (Either imparted at the time the tip of the cue stick contacts in or picked up from the cloth or contact with another ball or the rail.
When we see seemingly miraculous changes in direction, it is usually a result of spin. When the spin overpowers inertia, we see surprising changes in direction.

On these fantastic shots, the player imparts tremendous spin on the ball with the initial contact of the tip of his cue. He also impart inertia to the cue ball by pushing it in a given direction. It still has spin when the inertia is neutralized and that is what makes it change direction.

How'd I do, Bill?

Petie, I love you man! ALL I can say is, Patrick couldn't of said it ANY BETTER! JK, Patrick!