1p I.Q. test question 1

Wayne

Verified Member
Lenny writes: "hope I am not knocking anybodies actions but I will take take 10-7 from Wayne and 9-7 from Lou and the hit and the pick from the ghost and play even with San Jose Dick. The legend Freddy the Beard can play me giving me the breaks. Fair game."

Wayne responds: "Hi Lenny: If you ever make it to Los Angeles you have 10-7."

Lenny responds: "Wayne I look forward to bumping into you and playing sociably. I have watched you play and you are a really good player so worse case I get a lesson hopefully cheap enough."

Lou writes: "If I am willing to give Lenny 9-7 at the drop of a hat and the best you can come up with is 10-7 -- a one ball improvement -- yes, you are a locksmith nit and everything I've ever been told about you, half of which I have not posted, yet, is true."

(Note: Last names have been omitted to protect the innocent)

Based on the above the correct answer is:

A. Lenny should not try to make sociable games unless he gets more weight.

B. Wayne is a locksmith nit for accepting Lenny's request for a sociable game.

C. Lou is a brilliant observer and his input is much appreciated.

D. Other (please explain).

Good luck with your answer.

mnb

I find choices A, B, and C to be completely ridiculous, so that leaves me with choice D as what I feel to be the correct answer.

Any further explanation of choice D might border on knocking people's action. :D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Lenny writes: "hope I am not knocking anybodies actions but I will take 10-7 from Wayne and 9-7 from Lou and the hit and the pick from the ghost and play even with San Jose Dick. The legend Freddy the Beard can play me giving me the breaks. Fair game."

Lenny responds: "Wayne I look forward to bumping into you and playing sociably. I have watched you play and you are a really good player so worse case I get a lesson hopefully cheap enough."

Lou writes: "If I am willing to give Lenny 9-7 at the drop of a hat and the best you can come up with is 10-7 -- a one ball improvement -- yes, you are a locksmith nit and everything I've ever been told about you, half of which I have not posted, yet, is true."

I CHOOSE D - OTHER ----->

THE CORRECT ANSWER BEING: YOUNG, STRAIGHT-SHOOTING, LONG-TIME SCOTT FROST STUDENT LENNY, SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO HEIST THE poor old GHOST BY ASKING FOR ONE-HIT-AND-THE-PICK...:heh

- GHOST

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Lenny writes: "hope I am not knocking anybodies actions but I will take take 10-7 from Wayne and 9-7 from Lou and the hit and the pick from the ghost and play even with San Jose Dick. The legend Freddy the Beard can play me giving me the breaks. Fair game."

D. Isn't 10 7 what Lenny asked for?

Wayne

Verified Member
D. Isn't 10 7 what Lenny asked for?[/QUOTE)

Yes Lenny asked for 10-7 and I agreed. Lou has been calling me a lock artist for a long time without ever being able to come up with a single example of me ever playing a game where I was a lock. Somehow in his mind my accepting Lenny's offer proved his point. (Don't try to follow the logic, there is none.)

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
D. Isn't 10 7 what Lenny asked for?

Yes Lenny asked for 10-7 and I agreed. Lou has been calling me a lock artist for a long time without ever being able to come up with a single example of me ever playing a game where I was a lock. Somehow in his mind my accepting Lenny's offer proved his point. (Don't try to follow the logic, there is none.)
Apparently I just play bad I guess according to Lou so I will take 10-7 from you still and 10-7 from Lou also. :heh

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I CHOOSE D - OTHER ----->

THE CORRECT ANSWER BEING: YOUNG, STRAIGHT-SHOOTING, LONG-TIME SCOTT FROST STUDENT LENNY, SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO HEIST THE poor old GHOST BY ASKING FOR ONE-HIT-AND-THE-PICK...:heh

- GHOST
I think you have offered me 9/7 before, the hit and pick is not too far off nor out of line.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I have only see "hit and a pick" played at DCC.

It would appear about like getting in that you get to take your choice of what ball goes in the hole early, and it could be done in such a way as to really queer the other guy's table and strategy. Plus you are up 1-0 right out of the gate. It certainly appears a bit more accomodating than 9-7.

What's your thoughts?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I have only see "hit and a pick" played at DCC.

It would appear about like getting in that you get to take your choice of what ball goes in the hole early, and it could be done in such a way as to really queer the other guy's table and strategy. Plus you are up 1-0 right out of the gate. It certainly appears a bit more accomodating than 9-7.

What's your thoughts?

Much stronger than 9 to 7, somewhere between 8 to 6 and the break and 9 to 7 and the break.

Beard

It started in Chicago. On the South Side

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
They were playing hits and a pic in Louisville before pool was born. Lenny, I hope you have some money left after your match with Wayne. At least eat BEFORE the game, the food isn't bad. Making matches over the internet is a sure way to go broke. :cool:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
This lock art artist stuff is a bunch of crap. At 5 to 20 a game it's just a practice session. Rich gave me 10/7 and I got a whooping. No I don't think Rich is a lock artist, I played like crap. I would like that same spot again and see if I play better.

I just got a whooping at Hardtimes. I need to start playing better, maybe it's a lack of oxygen. Someone is always going to have an edge.

My god, it's only 20 a game. Peoples needs to let this shit go. Lou, take a deep breath, chill out, and practice up. I'll be in St. Louis in July

keoneyo

Verified Member
This lock art artist stuff is a bunch of crap. At 5 to 20 a game it's just a practice session. Rich gave me 10/7 and I got a whooping. No I don't think Rich is a lock artist, I played like crap. I would like that same spot again and see if I play better.

I just got a whooping at Hardtimes. I need to start playing better, maybe it's a lack of oxygen. Someone is always going to have an edge.

My god, it's only 20 a game. Peoples needs to let this shit go. Lou, take a deep breath, chill out, and practice up. I'll be in St. Louis in July

Sometimes Rich gets in a gear he is just out of this world. He gave John Schmidt a terrible time.(they broke even). On home turf he is just so comfortable. But he has tortured enough of the regs that he doesnt always have the rail on his side. The best matches are when Wayne and he match up. Some of the best games Ive ever seen.
If you were at Hardtimes LA. Why didnt you stop in? It would be good to see you.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
No unless you make a ball on the break, usually it is played if you make a ball on the break getting the hit then the balls are re-racked of course.

Lenny,

Are you saying that if you make a ball on the break you rebreak? I never heard of that but you also say you keep shooting if you make a ball on the break.:confused:

Dennis