Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2019, 09:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
YOu mean such as the obvious like length of race, what table, cloth recent vs broken in, what balls, what cue ball -- as well as start finish times and how long to play each day? Or maybe other things too?
Yes, exactly! thanks Steve!
One thing that is glaringly obvious is the players seating at the head of the table, that IMO will take a toll on Tony, the extra walking. If I was Tony I would always want seating at the foot of the table, and if that can not be worked out then therefore as his backer I would of ask for a referee to do the honors of spotting balls, coins, owed balls, and scored balls. Tony generally does not take care of balls anyway for it is extra walking, but could Dennis demand this appropriate conduct. Another thing is time / shot, I felt if Tony had a shot time limit on the last match he would of won it. Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 08-12-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:03 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
Yes, exactly! thanks Steve!
One thing that is glaringly obvious is the players seating at the head of the table, that IMO will take a toll on Tony, the extra walking. If I was Tony I would always want seating at the foot of the table, and if that can not be worked out then therefore as his backer I would of ask for a referee to do the honors of spotting balls, coins, owed balls, and scored balls. Tony generally does not take care of balls anyway for it is extra walking, but could Dennis demand this appropriate conduct. Another thing is time / shot, I felt if Tony had a shot time limit on the last match he would of won it. Whitey
Both players will sit at the head of the table. No advantage there. Tony will play strong for seven hours. Usually, after 7 hours, you see him get a little fatigued. Dennis can play 12 hours no problem. Most races to ten in the first day are done before seven hours. It is the second, third and fourth day that make for a long session, as the man behind must play a long session to get to 20 first.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:52 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
Both players will sit at the head of the table. No advantage there. Tony will play strong for seven hours. Usually, after 7 hours, you see him get a little fatigued. Dennis can play 12 hours no problem. Most races to ten in the first day are done before seven hours. It is the second, third and fourth day that make for a long session, as the man behind must play a long session to get to 20 first.
Joe do you know if the house rules will prevail and climbing up on the table is allowed? Will they allow bridges? (i assume yes on the bridges)
If Orcollo is allowed to scurry up on the table that's a little advantage there over Tony.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Verified Member

I wonder what Tony's camp got in this matchup. It appears the smaller pockets are in favor of Dennis' camp and also a Diamond table, and seating position adds a lot of walking for Tony. Tony's camp should of got some concessions.

In the last match up Dennis took forever to shoot, and any pro can figure out the best shot if they are allowed that long to contemplate. Tony's knowledge advantage went down the drain.

Down the rail shots or on a slight angle the balls will still drop even if not cleanly pocketed, but the tighter pockets will show up when the ob is coming into it at a 30 - 45 degree or more angle for the points will come into play. Whitey
Old 08-13-2019, 06:58 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakynito View Post
Joe do you know if the house rules will prevail and climbing up on the table is allowed? Will they allow bridges? (i assume yes on the bridges)
If Orcollo is allowed to scurry up on the table that's a little advantage there over Tony.
Tony is never going to agree to climbing on the table. They will use a bridge.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
I wonder what Tony's camp got in this matchup. It appears the smaller pockets are in favor of Dennis' camp and also a Diamond table, and seating position adds a lot of walking for Tony. Tony's camp should of got some concessions.

In the last match up Dennis took forever to shoot, and any pro can figure out the best shot if they are allowed that long to contemplate. Tony's knowledge advantage went down the drain.

Down the rail shots or on a slight angle the balls will still drop even if not cleanly pocketed, but the tighter pockets will show up when the ob is coming into it at a 30 - 45 degree or more angle for the points will come into play. Whitey
Each player is getting an appearance fee. Buffalo will pay it and I guess nobody else could or would. Last fall, it was a great week for the pool room as gamblers from all over the country flocked to watch the match between Alex and Tony. There was action for a solid week afterward. And it's a lot easier than getting ready for a tournament
Old 08-14-2019, 02:03 AM
Verified Member

your smart dennis you see the things most dont especially the suckers that go off without a chance. most great pool players arent smart enough to make a good game. they think its all about how well you shoot. but then its the backers that put up the all money for the broke ones.

i would suspect these two are splitting the show up money and have a tiny piece of the win.
and i cant see anyone in their right mind putting up the money for tony so there has to have been some deal worked out previously on payments..
Old 08-24-2019, 01:31 AM
Verified Member

This is going to be a hell of a One Pocket match guys.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 167
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  Photo 1566107628.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  buffalo's logo smaller.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  48.7 KB

Last edited by Terry Hanna; 09-11-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Tony has apparently gone into full on pool and One Pocket focus for this home stretch prior to this match, so he is definitely planning to be "ready"!!
Old 08-24-2019, 09:22 AM
Verified Member

they are so very close when playing their best. i suspect with this match tony will be ready and play more carefully in the right spots and sell out less often.

so this match might show who is the better player. barring a large luck factor.