Jason Miller vs. Ike Runnels 2005 D.C.C. #2

John Brumback

Verified Member
He's a shooter

He's a shooter

But I think he will come off the one and the cball will hit the end rail then the side rail just In front of the ball by the side and try to leave him on the bottom rail.I think That's what I would do because again..If he shoots at a long railer I just left him he'll have added pressure of selling out and easy bank.All of the sudden his bank just got harder.But Jason shoots real straight and has no fear,or not much anyway.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Dumb shot....

Dumb shot....

Cowboy Dennis said:
He tried to make the 1 ball and missed. Ike banked the 7 cross-side to win the game.

View attachment 3579

View attachment 3580

...predictable outcome. Ike shot a dumb shot and got away with it. Jason shot a worse one and didnt.

Incidentally, Ike Runnels is originally from Kankakee, IL., not Chicago. He lives here now. He does NOT have the normal bank pool background as you would expect from the average South Side banker. Hence those misplays.

Beard

lll's shot in post #11 was what Jason should have chosen.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Please...

Please...

John Brumback said:
More than one way to skin a cat.Jason's won two DCC bank tournys shooting like that.When he's on he's really on.John B.

..don't tell me you think that even a top banker is supposed to shoot a give-up 9ft straight back from off the back cushion when you have other options?

It has been my 50 yrs experience that those shots only work when someone has the nuts. ie., Jason playing someone that he knows he has a big skill advantage over. And that means even if he is spotting someone. That is when that shot goes.

Jason (or anybody else) shooting that shot against anybody else that banks near his speed doesnt figure to do good with it. The very fact that he knows he can do something else will wear on him.

Beard

Trust me, I'm a doctor of the head

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Cowboy Dennis said:
He tried to make the 1 ball and missed. Ike banked the 7 cross-side to win the game.

fred bentivegna said:
...predictable outcome. Ike shot a dumb shot and got away with it. Jason shot a worse one and didnt.

John Brumback said:
More than one way to skin a cat.Jason's won two DCC bank tourneys shooting like that.When he's on he's really on.John B.

fred bentivegna said:
..don't tell me you think that even a top banker is supposed to shoot a give-up 9ft straight back from off the back cushion when you have other options?

WooHoo, a genuine right shot/wrong shot argument in the Banks forum, WooHoo:p . I hope it doesn't turn violent:eek: .

John, I sure hope you are just being diplomatic (like Billy I.) because you know there's a chance of actually being in the same room with Jason in the future and you don't want to offend him, so I will:p . With the exception of Raphael Martinez's shot in his match with Ochoa (5-railer) this is one of the stupidest shots I've ever seen. Even if he made the 1 and the 7 the 3 is still unmakeable:confused: . Why risk the game here?

Dennis

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
The very fact that he knows he can do something else will wear on him.

Beard
This is a very telling point. Quite often when you know a guy is shooting the wrong shot and you know that he knows he's shooting the wrong shot you can see him mess it up because he knows there's something else he should be shooting.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
This is a very telling point. Quite often when you know a guy is shooting the wrong shot and you know that he knows he's shooting the wrong shot you can see him mess it up because he knows there's something else he should be shooting.

Dennis

Yes,I use that ole trick every chance I get.I even mention It sometimes.
John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

It has been my 50 yrs experience that those shots only work when someone has the nuts. ie., Jason playing someone that he knows he has a big skill advantage over. And that means even if he is spotting someone. That is when that shot goes.

Jason (or anybody else) shooting that shot against anybody else that banks near his speed doesnt figure to do good with it. The very fact that he knows he can do something else will wear on him.

Beard

Trust me, I'm a doctor of the head

Ok Mr.Beard,I was not arguing with you.I was just stating a fact.He has won 2 of em playing like that.I agree that was not the right shot.That's sometimes a problem when your hittin em really good,You think you can make anything.I know I do that sometimes too. But,I'm just an ole farmer.
John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
WooHoo, a genuine right shot/wrong shot argument in the Banks forum, WooHoo:p . I hope it doesn't turn violent:eek: .

John, I sure hope you are just being diplomatic (like Billy I.) because you know there's a chance of actually being in the same room with Jason in the future and you don't want to offend him, so I will:p . With the exception of Raphael Martinez's shot in his match with Ochoa (5-railer) this is one of the stupidest shots I've ever seen. Even if he made the 1 and the 7 the 3 is still unmakeable:confused: . Why risk the game here?

Dennis

Yeah,your right.I like Jason,he Is a good guy.Won't shark ya won't call a bad hit and you can trust him.I don't know why Jason shot It like that.Must have just felt good to him.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
John Brumback said:
Ok Mr.Beard,I was not arguing with you.I was just stating a fact.He has won 2 of em playing like that.I agree that was not the right shot.That's sometimes a problem when your hittin em really good,You think you can make anything.I know I do that sometimes too. But,I'm just an ole farmer.
John B.
John, John, John, John, John, that's no way to keep a right shot/wrong shot thread going. You cannot agree with him at any cost:eek: . You must refer to Mr. B. as El Beardo or even Weirdo Beardo. You most certainly have to denigrate the entire Chi-Town area by stating that you dislike alligators and cheap Chicago hookers. Even if nobody understands what you mean it still gets the point across.

John, you've got a lot to learn:p .

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
John, John, John, John, John, that's no way to keep a right shot/wrong shot thread going. You cannot agree with him at any cost:eek: . You must refer to Mr. B. as El Beardo or even Weirdo Beardo. You most certainly have to denigrate the entire Chi-Town area by stating that you dislike alligators and cheap Chicago hookers. Even if nobody understands what you mean it still gets the point across.

John, you've got a lot to learn:p .

Dennis

Hey barroom rag breath,Don't be coming here trying to tell me how to act!!!!

Miller lite? that's shit tastes like rust!! How am I doin? Pretty good? hahahah
John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
John Brumback said:
Hey barroom rag breath,Don't be coming here trying to tell me how to act!!!!

Miller lite? that's shit tastes like rust!! How am I doin? Pretty good? hahahah
John B.
That's the spirit, that's what I'm talkin' about:D .

I know Miller Lite is a sissy beer but anything stronger gives me a headache the next day and I don't drink that much either. It must be a "gettin' older" thing:( .

Take care John.

RBL