Glen White Memorial One Pocket, San Francisco

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Checked in the room yesterday afternoon and headed to Family Billiards for a little practice and to get familiar with the equipment. I used to play here quite a bit when I lived in the East Bay over 10 years ago.

Practiced a bit and went to dinner with Amar & Gilbert to a Cuban Restaurant in the Mission District. Great food and a little sangria to wash it down.

Back to the pool room and matched up with local player Hugo for a little action. Got stuck a couple games then got ahead a couple games and finally got even & quit. We have played three sessions now and I am one game winners.

Cole Dixon is here with his daughter who is on leave from the Air Force. Some other old friends trickled in and I'm sure I will see many more today.

Sylver Ochoa may still be in town and if he is I would make him a favorite along with Raphael Martinez and Billy Palmer right there too.

Should be a great time and Hard Times own Tom Suarez will run the added $$ tournament. It is a race to three, double elimination, so we will be here awhile.

I'll update more tonight.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:
Checked in the room yesterday afternoon and headed to Family Billiards for a little practice and to get familiar with the equipment. I used to play here quite a bit when I lived in the East Bay over 10 years ago.

Practiced a bit and went to dinner with Amar & Gilbert to a Cuban Restaurant in the Mission District. Great food and a little sangria to wash it down.

Back to the pool room and matched up with local player Hugo for a little action. Got stuck a couple games then got ahead a couple games and finally got even & quit. We have played three sessions now and I am one game winners.

Cole Dixon is here with his daughter who is on leave from the Air Force. Some other old friends trickled in and I'm sure I will see many more today.

Sylver Ochoa may still be in town and if he is I would make him a favorite along with Raphael Martinez and Billy Palmer right there too.

Should be a great time and Hard Times own Tom Suarez will run the added $$ tournament. It is a race to three, double elimination, so we will be here awhile.

I'll update more tonight.

Say Hi to Coley for me...Is he playing in the tournament ? Hard to believe that wet-eared kid has a daughter old enough to be in the service...He must be getting old...:rolleyes:

Good Luck...!..(Did Hugo break his stick when you quit even ?)...:eek:

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
SJDinPHX said:
Say Hi to Coley for me...Is he playing in the tournament ? Hard to believe that wet-eared kid has a daughter old enough to be in the service...He must be getting old...:rolleyes:

Good Luck...!..(Did Hugo break his stick when you quit even ?)...:eek:

Cole just missed getting into the final eight. Played pretty good considering he hardly ever plays anymore. Sylver wasn't here.

Tom Suarez couldn't make it to run things so Delbert Wong's old friend Roddy is running the tournament with a little help from Cole's daughter.

Field limited to 32 players with a $50 entry fee and Delbert added $2,500.

Final four on winners side: Hugo, Chris MacDonald, John H and Jeff Gregory.

Final four on losers side: Raphael Martinez, Billy Palmer, George Michaels and Mike Suhr.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
jrhendy said:
Field limited to 32 players with a $50 entry fee and Delbert added $2,500.

Final four on winners side: Hugo, Chris MacDonald, John H and Jeff Gregory.

Final four on losers side: Raphael Martinez, Billy Palmer, George Michaels and Mike Suhr.
The "Losers' Side" looks like Murderer's Row.:eek: Who put those guys over there? 'Bout time for a John H. victory!!

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Winners side does look softer than the losers side...At least you know half of those will knock each other out...Hang in there John.... Looks like our hugely successful [sic] road trip is paying off...:D (now that you're rid of your 1000 lb. anchor)..;)