One Pocket matters - from the Netherlands

pepijndw

Verified Member
From
The Hague, The netherlands
Hi there,

My name is Pepijn. I just joined the One Pocket community here on onepocket.org. I'm a pool player and 1P enthusiast from the Netherlands. Next to playing pool, I like to write. It made sense to write a piece about One Pocket. I did this with the goal to inspire people to play the game, epsecially in Europe, because there are almost no players who make an effort to practice 1P in this part of the world. In my opninion Alex Lely, me, and some others guys are already doing a pretty good job in the Netherlands, but the virus has to spread! ;-)

With permission of Steve, I post the link to the article in this thread for you to review, or just for a read for anyone who's interested. In this article I try to provide an alternative perspective (or just gave it my own twist) on One Pocket and the learning process. The part of becoming a wiser human being especially refers to the mindset and attitude someone needs, or needs to learn, to become a better player. Things like being open-minded to things that seem unconventional to you, searching for new knowledge, sharing knowledge for the greater good, and at the same time becoming a better player yourself by creating a knowledge sharing community around you, are things that can be of importance in daily life as well. But, like I said, it’s mainly an article to inspire people to play One Pocket.

Preaching One Pocket: How to become a better player and wiser human being at the same time
https://pepijndewit.wordpress.com/2...layer-and-wiser-human-being-at-the-same-time/

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
pepjin
i read your manifesto
its a great article but i wonder how many pool players will read it to the end??
i hope you are successful in generating more interest in onepocket...:)
welcome to the site and please be an active participant
larry

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Welcome pepijndw!!! Great to see more players across the pond getting interested in One Pocket! Thank you for posting this -- it is well written -- especially since I assume English is not your first language.

pepijndw

Verified Member
From
The Hague, The netherlands
pepjin
i read your manifesto
its a great article but i wonder how many pool players will read it to the end??
i hope you are successful in generating more interest in onepocket...:)
welcome to the site and please be an active participant
larry
Thnx Larry! It's a long read indeed. I (naively) hope I wrote it in such a way readers keep on reading to the end. If not, I'll keep promoting the game and spreading my manifesto until they do;-)

welcome! nice writing!:)
Thnx! Appreciate it

Welcome pepijndw!!! Great to see more players across the pond getting interested in One Pocket! Thank you for posting this -- it is well written -- especially since I assume English is not your first language.
Thnx for adding me and the compliment (I'm not a native speaker, indeed).

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well done Pepijn, and welcome.

Alex is a respected and well-liked member here so you are in good company.

Come around often and offer your thoughts and your choices on our WWYDs.

John