Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-09-2011, 08:48 PM
BUD GREEN BUD GREEN is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 160
Default

Torn between the need to know, and the "If you are not involved, its not your damn business" on this one.

Seems to me that most people would wonder what the "chiseled out of 30k" means.

Did I phrase that properly to ensure that I don't catch flack, but still find out what happened?

What was the game anyways? Brumback was supposed to play him 7-3 short rack banks...was this a similar game?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-10-2011, 06:40 AM
lll lll is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 14,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD GREEN
Torn between the need to know, and the "If you are not involved, its not your damn business" on this one.

Seems to me that most people would wonder what the "chiseled out of 30k" means.

Did I phrase that properly to ensure that I don't catch flack, but still find out what happened?

What was the game anyways? Brumback was supposed to play him 7-3 short rack banks...was this a similar game?
freddy good reporting
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-10-2011, 08:10 AM
CaliRed's Avatar
CaliRed CaliRed is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Heart of the Midwest
Posts: 1,963
Default

I"m curious too... what was the game? Over 9 days... Was Viffer in action for 9 days straight? Kind of like where he played many different people over those 9 days? Tony Coleman, one or 2 two sets.. then frost one or 2 sets, then someone else, then Tony again...that kind of thing?

That's the thing with dudes with the money... you got to sit there for as many days as it takes, keep trying to woof up a game in between everyone else's game. It usually takes on a look of a pack of wolves circling the wounded lamb Everyone is circling, ready to pounce with their offer... they jump in, tear a limb from the lamb and go off in the corner and enjoy it.. then they get back in the pack again.. waiting, waiting... you're competing with a whole pack of wolves too... so there is some rules.

It's certainly none of my business either, but I am a professional pool sweator, so I wonder what the hell happened over those 9 days. Did he finally book a winner against Scott? I heard that might have abeen a big one too. PM's welcome too... anything that I'm told not to repeat, I don't... but damnit... I'm a curious george, can't help it
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 AM
androd's Avatar
androd androd is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Braunfels tx.
Posts: 7,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRed
a PM's welcome too... anything that I'm told not to repeat, I don't... but damnit... I'm a curious george, can't help it
Anything I'm told not to repeat..... I tell whoever I tell, not to repeat it.
Rod.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-10-2011, 08:58 AM
CaliRed's Avatar
CaliRed CaliRed is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Heart of the Midwest
Posts: 1,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd
Anything I'm told not to repeat..... I tell whoever I tell, not to repeat it.
Rod.
hehe....well, that's a better way of explaining how it really works
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 AM
fred bentivegna's Avatar
fred bentivegna fred bentivegna is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: chicago illinois
Posts: 6,690
Default One and stop

Tony said he won most of the money playing one and stop. Which means he is only allowed one shot per inning. If he happens to make one, it automatically becomes Viffers shot. He said he won 30k (2 sets race to 7) initially playing Viffer one and a safety. Which meant if he made a bank he could play a safety afterwards. In between, Tony also said he lost 20k back to Viffer betting on him playing Scott Frost. Insofar as the last 30k or so Tony claimed he got chiseled out of, he didnt make that very clear to me. Something like Vif wouldnt finish the set or the like. Not sure. Tony didnt actually complain much about it, since he was happy with the 140k that went before.
It would be interesting to get Cardone's version, as he was there and probably involved somewhat.

Beard

Tony said they would play so many hours, quit, rest for whatever time it took, and then start playing again.
__________________
New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
www.bankingwiththebeard.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-10-2011, 10:15 AM
John Brumback's Avatar
John Brumback John Brumback is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna
Tony said he won most of the money playing one and stop. Which means he is only allowed one shot per inning. If he happens to make one, it automatically becomes Viffers shot. He said he won 30k (2 sets race to 7) initially playing Viffer one and a safety. Which meant if he made a bank he could play a safety afterwards. In between, Tony also said he lost 20k back to Viffer betting on him playing Scott Frost. Insofar as the last 30k or so Tony claimed he got chiseled out of, he didnt make that very clear to me. Something like Vif wouldnt finish the set or the like. Not sure. Tony didnt actually complain much about it, since he was happy with the 140k that went before.
It would be interesting to get Cardone's version, as he was there and probably involved somewhat.

Beard

Tony said they would play so many hours, quit, rest for whatever time it took, and then start playing again.
Details man details! Get him on here and make him tell us all about It.
Congrats to Tony Banks!! WOW!!!Good shootin Tony!! A little birdie told me the Dip has Improved alot.I'm pretty sure I chewd my foot off and got out of the trap.John B.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Viffer Viffer is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 103
Default

i dont know if you got out of trap or not, but all the little birdies have made it so my sponsors from poker and my girl friend have made me chose between pool and my life, and as much fuc as i have had playing pool it just isnt worth giving up my life for it, so good reporting freddy, good shooting yoony goood duckking john and good by pool. Once again you rail birds that have nothing to do with whats going on feel they have the right to know have thrwn another wrench into your sport.

it was fun win some lose some.but game is over.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-11-2011, 10:30 AM
CaliRed's Avatar
CaliRed CaliRed is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Heart of the Midwest
Posts: 1,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffer
i dont know if you got out of trap or not, but all the little birdies have made it so my sponsors from poker and my girl friend have made me chose between pool and my life, and as much fuc as i have had playing pool it just isnt worth giving up my life for it, so good reporting freddy, good shooting yoony goood duckking john and good by pool. Once again you rail birds that have nothing to do with whats going on feel they have the right to know have thrwn another wrench into your sport.

it was fun win some lose some.but game is over.
Well damn.... Can you explain how the poker sponsors get involved in what you do in your personal time? Damn...no more viffer shows? The girlie friend got wound up about your losses?...you got to make up stories like the rest of us
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-11-2011, 01:34 PM
John Brumback's Avatar
John Brumback John Brumback is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffer
i dont know if you got out of trap or not, but all the little birdies have made it so my sponsors from poker and my girl friend have made me chose between pool and my life, and as much fuc as i have had playing pool it just isnt worth giving up my life for it, so good reporting freddy, good shooting yoony goood duckking john and good by pool. Once again you rail birds that have nothing to do with whats going on feel they have the right to know have thrwn another wrench into your sport.

it was fun win some lose some.but game is over.
Good knowin ya Dipster.Good luck with the cards man.The little birdie was my
good friend Tony fargo.he was braggin on ya,that's all.I would have played but couldn't or didn't get a backer.Like I said,good luck bud.John B.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.