Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary View Post
So you think Shane should have called it on himself?
I think his opponent in the chair should watch him closely for the rest of his illustrious career now that he is an admitted liar & cheat.

Dennis
Old 01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
I think Dennis had it just right. I just disagree on how it should be handled. I thought it was handled appropriately and Dennis said he would have disqualified Shane from the entire tournament and ejected him from the premises, which I totally disagree with.
I said "I would've DQ'ed him from the match, the tournament and barred him from the building if he had done that in a tourney I was running."

He is a liar & cheat and I do not tolerate either very well, not in a poolroom or anywhere else.

The irony is that nobody except the 13 people who saw the match will ever know that it happened. A few people here and on the All-Zaniness site mentioned it but it's probably on page 10 over there by now. Most people seem to want to make excuses for him instead of calling it what it is.

Dennis
Old 01-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Verified Member

Default Lol

And I should call fouls on myself.Yeah right,LOL That Is so funny,I can't quit laughing.John B.

PS: I think I said something about making sure to call the pocket.Wonder why I brought that up????.I can't for the life of me think why I brought that up.hmmm.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brumback View Post
And I should call fouls on myself.Yeah right,LOL That Is so funny,I can't quit laughing.John B.

PS: I think I said something about making sure to call the pocket.Wonder why I brought that up????.I can't for the life of me think why I brought that up.hmmm.
John,

As you & I suggested to everyone in the other thread, the opponent in the chair was alert, for the most part, and questioned SVB's shot. I don't think the TD knew where SVB was playing the ball and it never crossed his mind that SVB was cheating in front of everyone there. I think that when the ball went two-rails with such authority he just assumed that SVB played it there.

I also think that Morra, for a few seconds, didn't allow it to enter his mind that SVB was cheating and about to steal a game but he did question it at last.

I'll say it again: no bank pool player in life would shoot that ball 2-rails from that spot.

SVB is a dishonest poolplayer and he tried to cheat Morra out of a game in front of an audience and a TD. I don't care if he was "tired", I don't care if "he had a moment", I don't care why he did it. He's a liar & a cheater but now he's being touted as the classy, decent, American poolplayer who will represent the sport with his character & talent.

He fooled the TD, the audience and probably many who were watching online, including me, but he didn't fool Morra.

To be clear, if Morra hadn't called the shot into question SVB would've continued racking for the next game and then broke. Maybe he'd be the only winner of all three disciplines at the D.C.C..

SVB is a loser. It's a shame there are so many like him in this game of ours.

Dennis
Old 01-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Suspended

Someone who is a member there should let these idiots know that SVB is a cheat who got caught. The TD & Morra did not make any mistakes that weren't induced by SVB acting like he'd won the game and starting to rack the balls.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=261494

Dennis
Old 01-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
Someone who is a member there should let these idiots know that SVB is a cheat who got caught. The TD & Morra did not make any mistakes that weren't induced by SVB acting like he'd won the game and starting to rack the balls.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=261494

Dennis
I am a member there but I figure I will just respond here. Maybe I am just a "noob" here, but you come off as a real self righteous person who enjoys throwing rocks.

He F'd up, royally. He embarrassed himself by being caught in a situation that warranted a split second response and he made a poor choice. He very obviously acted irresponsibly but that is not indicative of the way he has conducted himself in the past. I am not an SVB fanboy but I have been around this game, and the people who play it, long enough to know that crucifying him for this is outlandish. He had a lapse in judgement and I am positive he knows the gravity of that and it is a lesson he will carry with him.

BTW- How is the view from that crystal mansion on the hill?

Last edited by Ktown; 01-29-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Another odd thing reportedly happened during a One Pocket match. I did not see it, but several people approached me immediately after it happened -- I think because they know I have been involved with the rules for One Pocket.

Anyway, while Earl Strickland was playing Darren Appleton, Earl decided an object ball needed to be tapped with another ball to ensure it was properly frozen to another ball, and Earl picked up the cue ball -- in the middle of the game -- to tap the ball in place. This was not a ball-in-hand situation either -- the cue ball was live. He just put it back (approximately, presumably), when he was satisfied with the spotted ball.

Darren let it slide completely. My own opinion would be that if it was Earl's turn to shoot, that would be a foul, and it would be Darren's shot and a one ball penalty. But if it was Darren's shot at the time, you might have to forfeit that game to Darren? I don't know...

What do you all think of that?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown View Post
I am a member there but I figure I will just respond here. Maybe I am just a "noob" here, but you come off as a real self righteous person who enjoys throwing rocks.

He F'd up, royally. He embarrassed himself by being caught in a situation that warranted a split second response and he made a poor choice. He very obviously acted irresponsibly but that is not indicative of the way he has conducted himself in the past. I am not an SVB fanboy but I have been around this game, and the people who play it, long enough to know that crucifying him for this is outlandish. He had a lapse in judgement and I am positive he knows the gravity of that and it is a lesson he will carry with him.

BTW- How is the view from that crystal mansion on the hill?
Ktown,

If pointing out a player's dishonesty is me being "self-righteous" then you call it what you want. I can see your mansion fine from my vantage too.

SVB did not get caught in a situation that warranted a split second response, the response to pocketing a ball in the wrong pocket is to spot it up and go sit down. I'm sure he's done that thousands of times in life but this time he didn't. He didn't have a "lapse in judgement" either, people act according to their character, this is his. How many times do you think he's cheated people in his life without getting caught? Do you think this is the first time?

Criticizing me doesn't take away what he did, you do come off as a fanboy when you do that and make excuses for him. He's not a child.

P.S. You used many words to avoid calling him a cheater but it stands out nonetheless. That is what he is.

Dennis

Last edited by Cowboy Dennis; 01-30-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
Another odd thing reportedly happened during a One Pocket match. I did not see it, but several people approached me immediately after it happened -- I think because they know I have been involved with the rules for One Pocket.

Anyway, while Earl Strickland was playing Darren Appleton, Earl decided an object ball needed to be tapped with another ball to ensure it was properly frozen to another ball, and Earl picked up the cue ball -- in the middle of the game -- to tap the ball in place. This was not a ball-in-hand situation either -- the cue ball was live. He just put it back (approximately, presumably), when he was satisfied with the spotted ball.

Darren let it slide completely. My own opinion would be that if it was Earl's turn to shoot, that would be a foul, and it would be Darren's shot and a one ball penalty. But if it was Darren's shot at the time, you might have to forfeit that game to Darren? I don't know...

What do you all think of that?
I did that once. I was playing "Chief" from the Rack $10 one-pocket on a snooker table. I was spotting a ball and tried to make it straight for him so I picked up the cueball and tapped the ball with it. I realized what I was doing too late. We agreed that I should spot one up and replace the cueball on the table. When you're playing through the night and into the early morning hours your mind doesn't always work right.

P.S. With the exception of Mrs. Red, Chief was the only person who always called Cornbread "Bill".

Dennis
Old 01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
You used many words to avoid calling him a cheater but it stands out nonetheless. That is what he is.
You are correct, he did make an attempt to cheat. It was foolish and should never have happened. Agreed.

You seem to want to label the kid as a thief and act as if he should be blacklisted, let's tar and feather the varmint while we are at it. I am in no way saying he was right, I just find it hard to believe that you have lived your life free of indiscretion. If that is the case, there will surely be a church with your name on the door opening soon.

I have had an error or two in judgment in my time but those situations helped me, they do not define me. I have never heard of anything like this about him in the past and I would be surprised if I do in the future. If this happens again then I will be the first in line to say you were correct in your assessment of his character, but to ostracize him for one moment of stupidity is a little far-fetched IMO.

John 8:7