Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Default Louis DeMarco vs. Tony Fargo 2003 D.C.C.

You see the score. It's DeMarco's shot. What would you do?

Name:  Shoot or Safe.Jpeg
Views: 241
Size:  48.9 KB
Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Verified Member

Drop the 4 and come back up to the head rail on Demarco's side. I wouldn't want to hit the combo at the top of the table funny and leave a shot, nor would I want to leave a shot at the spot ball. If he takes the spot ball, he's either got a difficult shot on those two up-table..

On second thought, fire away at the 3(?). If he makes it, thin the six and get Fargo to open something up. If he misses, there won't be much to pick from and Fargo will either have to back down or open something up still.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Verified Member

im trying to make the bank
then make one of the balls in the corner
the one to the right as you look at the screen
take this as an opportunity to teach me how to play banks
Name:  bb2.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  68.8 KB
Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
im trying to make the bank, I know it's a very difficult shot that must be hit perfect and at a high rate of speed and I will not win if I make it but will probably lose if I miss it.
then make one of the balls in the corner
the one to the right as you look at the screen
take this as an opportunity to teach me how to play banks
Attachment 5517
Does that help?

Dennis
Old 03-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Verified Member

Default Only one shot

There is only one shot here. One. For a million reasons. Playing Mickey the Mope or John Brumback, there is only one thing to do. In stroke, out of stroke. 5 a game or 500 a game. I will hold my post for awhile and give others a chance to figure it out -- and give their reasons.

Beard
Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 PM

I am shooting this shot. It is a pretty safe shot and it won't give him a shot at making a ball unless he does something very aggressive.

Name:  shot.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  93.6 KB

Last edited by KSager; 03-01-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: comment
Old 03-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSager View Post
I am shooting this shot. It is a pretty safe shot and it won't give him a shot at making a ball unless he does something very aggressive.

Attachment 5521
I rarely play bank pool. I would bank the 3 ball right back at the pocket Louis is standing over. It looks free to me.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:16 AM

I've been subscribing to a similar line of thinking to Dennis for awhile now and I must admit that I am content with the results - if you can't win but have the potential to go down further or even lose, then reevaluate your choice. With this layout, being down as DeMarco is currently depicted, my 1st thought would be to get balls back in play - as safely as possible. With a ball on the spot, you've gotsta pocket a hanger and proceed up table. The diagram seems a bit nebulous on whether the 1 ball can be made but more over, you do not want to scratch nor bump the 3 off the spot heading back up table...I like BANKS' original idea. Ask your self, if you leave the CB any where near where it is now with 2 balls on the spot...what would you do if you were Tony? Not much offensive comes to mind and are you really going to want to put more balls back in play like your opponent has shown he wants & needs? You could conceivably have all 5 balls lined up on the spot (and 6 open pockets) for a future turn - is that so bad? The score with that layout wouldn't seem any where near as daunting as it does now.

Dave
Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Verified Member

Default Good shot, if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSager View Post

Attachment 5521
...very good ---if -- you were the one with the 3 to 1 lead. (But you are not)

Beard
Old 03-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Point View Post
I've been subscribing to a similar line of thinking to Dennis for awhile now and I must admit that I am content with the results - if you can't win but have the potential to go down further or even lose, then reevaluate your choice. With this layout, being down as DeMarco is currently depicted, my 1st thought would be to get balls back in play - as safely as possible. With a ball on the spot, you've gotsta pocket a hanger and proceed up table. The diagram seems a bit nebulous on whether the 1 ball can be made but more over, you do not want to scratch nor bump the 3 off the spot heading back up table...I like BANKS' original idea. Ask your self, if you leave the CB any where near where it is now with 2 balls on the spot...what would you do if you were Tony? Not much offensive comes to mind and are you really going to want to put more balls back in play like your opponent has shown he wants & needs? You could conceivably have all 5 balls lined up on the spot (and 6 open pockets) for a future turn - is that so bad? The score with that layout wouldn't seem any where near as daunting as it does now.

Dave
Thats a great point... guess what? if you end up with all 5 balls lined up YOU are going to be the one left uptable having to open them up. Th 3 ball bank back where you are standing is FREE!!! whats he going to bank if you miss it? NOTHING