Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Verified Member

Default Assassino!

Just got back from Truman's bank tourn. Drove down with retired Master Player, George Pawelski, of Racine, Wis. Ended up , naturally, drawing him in the tourn and naturally, he beat me. He played very good in the tourn for a guy that hasnt played virtually zero pool for 16 years.

When we arrived at Michael's, Chris Gentile aka, "Assassino," (I have deigned to nickname him something befitting his Italian heritage), Incardona and Little Stevie the Greek followed us in soon after. Chris put his cue together and immediately got down with Gabe Owen. He had just finished driving 300 miles and didnt even bother to warm up he just got down for 10k. Gabe was playing him 8 to 7. They were playing on a 4 inch pocket Diamond table with slow cloth. Six ahead. It took about 2 hrs for Chris to win it. They renegotiated to 8 to 7 every other game and Gabe put together another 8k or so. That didnt take long either.

In the first set Chris ran an amazing 7 and out that probably broke Gabe's heart.

A day later Tony "Banks" Coleman wandered into the Assassino's path and played 8 ahead bank pool for 5k getting spotted 6 to 5 with an eleven ball rack. That was a slaughter reminiscent of the baptism scene in Godfather 1. 8 ahead took about an hour and a half.

The kid is a freakazoid.

Beard
Old 03-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Verified Member

Default Wasnt....

....George your partner on that 80's team along with 2 other guys whos names Ive forgotten?Gabe beats him at 9ball ya?Was the cloth 860?Was it humid in there or what?Tony sure walked into that one didnt he?He peaked about 20 years ago,whats the story there?Was he shall I say"tripping"?Your stories are still the best Freddie. Get some sleep champ,cheers,James
Old 03-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Verified Member

Default Team championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by usblues View Post
....George your partner on that 80's team along with 2 other guys whos names Ive forgotten?Gabe beats him at 9ball ya?Was the cloth 860?Was it humid in there or what?Tony sure walked into that one didnt he?He peaked about 20 years ago,whats the story there?Was he shall I say"tripping"?Your stories are still the best Freddie. Get some sleep champ,cheers,James
George was on the team with me when we won the National Bar League Championship up in Milwaukee. My other two teammates were Artie Bodendorfer and John Abruzzo. Monster lineup.

Chris's worst game is 9 Ball. He no play. New cloth, nice, probably 860. Not humid. Tony was in the shape he stays in when attending tournaments. Enhanced to say the least.

Beard
Old 03-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Verified Member

Wow.

Seems like Gabe needs to work on his negotiation skills more than his one pocket game.

I wonder how it would have turned out if they played even....

Ken
Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Verified Member

Default Once....

....again,thanks for the news.Me no travel much,adieu,Bob
Old 03-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna View Post

... played 8 ahead bank pool for 5k getting spotted 6 to 5 with an eleven ball rack...

Beard
Freddy,

What was the point of the 11 ball rack?

Dennis
Old 03-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Verified Member

Default Eleven ball rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
Freddy,

What was the point of the 11 ball rack?

Dennis
It is a good way to play banks. A little less balls than full rack, but 2 more than 9 ball rack. First one to six wins. Playing 6 to 5 means there will be two balls left at the end with both players in the one hole. Just like when you play someone 8 to 7.
A big plus to the game is the eleven ball rack that is much easier to make a ball on than a 10 ball rack. Good game, faster than full rack, slower than 9 ball rack. I've been promoting it myself.

Beard

I call Chris, Assassino (Assassin), because of the cold blooded way he dispatches his victims.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Verified Member

Default Who wins the tournament?

ENJOYED the gambling stories, but who wins the tournament?

top 5?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna View Post
It is a good way to play banks. A little less balls than full rack, but 2 more than 9 ball rack. First one to six wins. Playing 6 to 5 means there will be two balls left at the end with both players in the one hole. Just like when you play someone 8 to 7.
A big plus to the game is the eleven ball rack that is much easier to make a ball on than a 10 ball rack. Good game, faster than full rack, slower than 9 ball rack. I've been promoting it myself.

Beard

I call Chris, Assassino (Assassin), because of the cold blooded way he dispatches his victims.
I believe what Dennis was referring to when he said he was confused as to why the 11 ball rack,

he meant that when playing a game where you were playing someone 6 to 5 all that's needed is a 10 ball rack, why 11 balls?
If that's the reason he was confused it's understandable. If so let me explain why they played with an 11 ball rack. By playing with an 11 ball rack as opposed to a 10 ball rack the player giving up the spot has a better chance to overcome the deficit with the extra ball on the table. The extra ball is to the advantage of the player giving up the spot by offering more options for the spotter in terms of both playing safes, and running balls.

Understanding, and playing the percentages, is my life.

Dr. Bill
Old 03-27-2012, 05:00 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
I believe what Dennis was referring to when he said he was confused as to why the 11 ball rack,

he meant that when playing a game where you were playing someone 6 to 5 all that's needed is a 10 ball rack, why 11 balls?
If that's the reason he was confused it's understandable. If so let me explain why they played with an 11 ball rack. By playing with an 11 ball rack as opposed to a 10 ball rack the player giving up the spot has a better chance to overcome the deficit with the extra ball on the table. The extra ball is to the advantage of the player giving up the spot by offering more options for the spotter in terms of both playing safes, and running balls.

Understanding, and playing the percentages, is my life.

Dr. Bill
No need to point out the obvious Bill, the merely obvious will suffice.

P.S. If it goes 5-4 the player going to 6 also has to protect against two balls now instead of one. Much tougher to do in Banks than one-pocket giving less advantage.

RBL