Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Verified Member

Great stories John. You'll have to tell some more of your 'adventures' next time we have dinner.

Pel
Old 06-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brumback View Post
Hey who told you about that? Fred or the guy he was playing? I wouldn't be supprised If fred told you after it happened.He was so funny and such a good con that you had to just laugh at him.I laugh at him every time I see him.

Catfish breath brumback
John it's been so long that I don't even remember if I saw it live or a friend told me but Freddy didn't tell me, that I do know.

Here's a quick story about something Freddy did one night at the Cozy Cue poolroom here.

A guy named Mike Friese and someone else were playing a set of 9-ball for $100 I think (not sure about the bet now). In that poolroom the bathrooms were next to each other and all they had was one receptacle in them. Many times the men used the womens room if the mens was occupado.

10 or 15 of us were sitting there watching the match when, in the middle of a game, Mike decided to lay his cue on the table and use the bathroom. His opponent decided to use the girls bathroom at the same time.

Now, by pure coincidence, Freddy walks into the room and down to the table they were playing at. Well, before anybody knew what was happening Freddy picks up Mike's cue and starts banging balls around on the table they're gambling on in the middle of their game!

We all started screaming bloody murder and yelling to Freddy that there was a game in progress on that table and that both players were in the bathrooms. He knew we weren't joking and he scrambled to put balls back where he thought they were and lay the cue back down. He got the hell away from the table in a hurry.

The guys came out of the bathrooms, Mike picked up his cue and resumed the game, never knowing anything. Balls had been moved all over the place and neither player noticed anything.

Dennis
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Great stories John. You'll have to tell some more of your 'adventures' next time we have dinner.

Pel
Sounds good Pal.That is right..It Is my turn to buy See ya down thar.
PS: Pel,That sure was a great time and supper we had. Glad I got to do that with you Grady and your wife.John B.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Verified Member

Smile

Quote:
Thanks but I'm not. I almost went back to edit that to say that it was about to get ugly.I really wish he would have done that move around here on my home turff.It wouldn't have turned out so good for him. I can swing it pretty good myself.

I wish I could write better but I was in the poolroom instead of school.I can read good though! Peace out dude.John B.
Yep, me to. Got mine at Rack&Cue Billiards of higher learning! You would remember me John if you seen me. I was a old road buddy of Earl Kellums. Use to see you at some of Floyd Baxters tournaments. I quit around 1990 and didn't play again until 2007. I played the barboxes, and mostly hustled until I started running with Earl. Being a rough hustler for many years, a few of my stories would be a little more than getting sharked I think. I had a machine gun pulled on me once in Chattanooga from the stakehorse of a guy I was playing. He owned the bar we was playing at also. He had flown in a road player from up north, I think, anyway, I wasn't suppose to win but never missed a ball. I'm about 4,000 up and he pitched a fit saying you have to give him the 8. Well, I knew I was in a tough game anyway and said no way. He then pulled out this machine gun from under the counter and said what about now? Well, it seemed like a fair game now. Keep in mine, the doors are locked and its about 3am when he pulls this. Well, it also scared the guy I was playing to death and now he is really dogging it. It was now getting daylight and someone starts knocking on the door. Its a cop looking for a lady in a red dress. Me and my road buddy looked like we were stuck to each side of the cop while we walked out with him. He had the nerve to follow us out and tell me I'm the luckiest sob he's ever seen. Later on I found out this guy had robbed many players and finally robbed the wrong one. Things like this will make you shark proof for awile! I did only loose back a dime though!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Verified Member

This guy here is as skinny as a one iron and tall with black hair.Hails From the south.

you aint talking about the skorpion.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Sounds good Pal.That is right..It Is my turn to buy See ya down thar.
PS: Pel,That sure was a great time and supper we had. Glad I got to do that with you Grady and your wife.John B.
I am just glad I was able to let Grady have one more Derby. We all enjoyed your and Brett's company.
By the way, I know from my conversations with Grady in his final weeks that he really thought a lot of you.

Hope to be able to see ya in Tunica,

Pel
Old 06-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Verified Member

John I've got a good one for ya, during one event in KS and a couple yrs later at the BCA Nationals in KC was the second event.

KS, playing a bar tourney 9 ball event winners side late into event and I'm playing Jerimiah Johnson can't remember the exact score but I'm gonna run out, it's late in the match and I'm ahead, little did I know the Big Bullfrog who was watching over the match called a foul on me when there was no foul and I lost by a game or two, otherwise I would of been up three games and breaking for the win, it was 5 K added event at a honky tonk country western bar, where I also ran into CJ and Lutman as they were traveling together, what a pair. Anywho couldn't beat CJ and played Gary L and lost a couple hundred but the way he treated me during the match was atrocious. A few yrs later I ran into him at the BCA Nationals in KC and I was playing good and got easily into action @ $50 a rattle. Had em stuck $500 and he wanted to dbl up, now the way he treated me our last encounter I said to myself ''I ain't gonna give this guy any air and said NO, he couldn't quit, I emptied em out, best of all, he broke his cuestick and got into a big argument with his girl friend, it was sweet justice, walking away hearing those two argue.
Don't know if you remember me, the only time we ever played was match play in Ohio, I think 1990 Archer won, Eugene Browing, Buddy Hall and Bam Bam were also there, CALCUTTA/never saw a player lot have so many, I think they had 80 players that had Zero bid, never saw that before, I beat eugene & buddy and lost to you and Wade. I'll always remember your break shot back then, you hit em perfectly square, whitey went vertical and back down bump/bump, never saw anyone break that consistently square with identical reasults every rack for an entire match. Eugene had me 8-4 going to 9, I ran the set out, was a tough event on the top end.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
John I've got a good one for ya, during one event in KS and a couple yrs later at the BCA Nationals in KC was the second event.

KS, playing a bar tourney 9 ball event winners side late into event and I'm playing Jerimiah Johnson can't remember the exact score but I'm gonna run out, it's late in the match and I'm ahead, little did I know the Big Bullfrog who was watching over the match called a foul on me when there was no foul and I lost by a game or two, otherwise I would of been up three games and breaking for the win, it was 5 K added event at a honky tonk country western bar, where I also ran into CJ and Lutman as they were traveling together, what a pair. Anywho couldn't beat CJ and played Gary L and lost a couple hundred but the way he treated me during the match was atrocious. A few yrs later I ran into him at the BCA Nationals in KC and I was playing good and got easily into action @ $50 a rattle. Had em stuck $500 and he wanted to dbl up, now the way he treated me our last encounter I said to myself ''I ain't gonna give this guy any air and said NO, he couldn't quit, I emptied em out, best of all, he broke his cuestick and got into a big argument with his girl friend, it was sweet justice, walking away hearing those two argue.
Don't know if you remember me, the only time we ever played was match play in Ohio, I think 1990 Archer won, Eugene Browing, Buddy Hall and Bam Bam were also there, CALCUTTA/never saw a player lot have so many, I think they had 80 players that had Zero bid, never saw that before, I beat eugene & buddy and lost to you and Wade. I'll always remember your break shot back then, you hit em perfectly square, whitey went vertical and back down bump/bump, never saw anyone break that consistently square with identical reasults every rack for an entire match. Eugene had me 8-4 going to 9, I ran the set out, was a tough event on the top end.
I'm pretty sure I remember you.Tall man,kinda slim,maybe 6ft 1,If I member correctly you was a little older than me.Goes by the name of Bill M.? If that's you,I remember you were a pretty quite guy that was nice to play with.Not all the BS. Well,is that you?

Good story.I've battled Gary S. a few times,I also locked horns with CJ the first time he came around these parts.I gave Gary a lesson on how to play full racks banks on a bar table,9 to 7. He didn't much like it either

Thanks about my break I use to have I was known for my break back then but when I was not hitting them perfectly I would jump the table every now and then and it cost me some matches so I got smart (or dumb) and started to take some speed off and lost that big booming break I had.Don't know if it helped or hurt really.John B.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Verified Member

Smile Bankshot Champion

John Brumback,I saw you win at DCC the Bank Championship and you had the heart of a true champion, after reading some of your true stories I've become your biggest fan.I know you are a class act so remember all those low lifes who shark you will never be remembered like you. A world class Bank Champion who shoots straight from the hip not a low life who would do anything to win. Winning is not everthing but Class is.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddieF. View Post
John Brumback,I saw you win at DCC the Bank Championship and you had the heart of a true champion, after reading some of your true stories I've become your biggest fan.I know you are a class act so remember all those low lifes who shark you will never be remembered like you. A world class Bank Champion who shoots straight from the hip not a low life who would do anything to win. Winning is not everthing but Class is.
Thank you,thank ya very much. John B.