Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Verified Member

Default How to make this...

Are we going to get a final verdict from mr3cushion or John Brumback
Old 10-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvclou View Post
Are we going to get a final verdict from mr3cushion or John Brumback
If not (level cue, 1/2 ball hit, add English to taste.)
Rod.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Verified Member

stun, with a half of tip inside,firm,don't have to blast it tho. Reminds me of an old sayin round here when playin bank and someone made a shot like this...it goes like this..."why you twisted hits neck off" JB
Old 10-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Verified Member

I just happened to have been shooting this shot the other night. I'm trying to get the feel for these trough shots. It's not coming naturally. but I shot it just as Straightback said: no english, center ball, level cue. Shot it many time from both sides. Didn't make it too often. Need more practice.

~Doc
Old 10-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Verified Member

John posted before I did. So it's with a half tip of inside. No WONDER I wasn't making it that often!!

~Doc
Old 10-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd View Post
If not (level cue, 1/2 ball hit, add English to taste.)
Rod.
Hey there Little Buddy,I gotta know...you mean just a lil english,right? Thanks Little Buddy Skipper
Old 10-10-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
I just happened to have been shooting this shot the other night. I'm trying to get the feel for these trough shots. It's not coming naturally. but I shot it just as Straightback said: no english, center ball, level cue. Shot it many time from both sides. Didn't make it too often. Need more practice.

~Doc
Doc; everything sounds good to me except the exact "center ball." Freddy told me awhile back, that a "smidge" of "inside" English! Just so you don't catch a little "running" English by accident. The inside can't hurt!
Old 10-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brumback View Post
Hey there Little Buddy,I gotta know...you mean just a lil english,right? Thanks Little Buddy Skipper
Yeah, I'm hitting across it anyway so it'll stiff some. Just a little more English as needed.
Rod.
P.S. For those practicing, put the CB just a fraction closer to the pocket side it'll help a lot.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Quote:
gulfportdoc:
Bill:
Doc; everything sounds good to me except the exact "center ball." Freddy told me awhile back, that a "smidge" of "inside" English! Just so you don't catch a little "running" English by accident. The inside can't hurt!
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this - it depends on the slipperiness of the balls and cloth (which could change with humidity, for instance), the cut angle, the shot speed and whether there's any forward or reverse spin on the CB. With the table and balls I play on this shot needs no inside English if hit at about half ball with stun and pocket speed. But with different setup and conditions you might need a half tip or even more.

pj
chgo
Old 10-12-2014, 03:03 PM

I think, if presented to 100 "B" players or better who are NOT familiar with this set up, 95% or better would instinctively feel the shot requires favoring "inside"! It's just, "common sense" that the inside can ONLY help this shot, especially if the shot is hit a little LESS than half-ball!