End Game Scenario

C.E.

From
WV
Newbie question......
I have ball in hand and need both from here........

START(
%AN9O5%EM6O5%Pt9M2%QB0[4

)END

I have seen the "force shot on the 1, 2 rail bank on the 5" shot.

What is the preferred safe shot?

Shot this a few different ways, wanted the expert opinion.

Thanks,
C.E

Mike

Verified Member
A lot of shots are dictated by: who you're playing, how much you're playing for, are you on front street, is the set hill-hill, etc.

On this shot -- only for show never for the dough.

I'd shoot the following:

START(
%AN9O5%EM6O5%Ph4Q8%QB0[4%UI0D3%VO3O0%WP7O4%Xg5R0%YN4Y7%ZO0O9
%[D0P8%\L9O7%]S6U2%^C2P9%eC6b0%_D1G7%`F4E2%aH2C3
)END

it puts both balls on you side without selling out. Too many things can go wrong with the force shot and double bank.

Danny Kolacz

If I need both balls, I am absolutely 100% playing the "force the head ball/bank the other" shot no matter who I am playing. It is the best shot when you need both. The only way to sell out is if you totally botch the hit or you leave a freaky dead combo for other guy's hole.

If I need one for the game, I will the play the shot that Mike suggested.

See ya

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Danny Kolacz said:
If I need both balls, I am absolutely 100% playing the "force the head ball/bank the other" shot no matter who I am playing. It is the best shot when you need both. The only way to sell out is if you totally botch the hit or you leave a freaky dead combo for other guy's hole.

If I need one for the game, I will the play the shot that Mike suggested.

See ya
As I mentioned before on an earlier post on this shot, unless you are on new cloth or a funny table, you will go busted going for the force shot. As I mentioned before, I would play just about anybody if they needed two and start the game from two balls on the spot & ball in hand and they have to shoot this shot.

redhell

That is probably a stupid question, but can anyone diagram the force shot ?

I'm not sure I know wich one you guys refer to. :(

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
redhell said:

You are shooting the head ball with a lot of draw & forcing it toward your hole & two railing the back ball toward your hole at the same time. It's great when it works, but a very low percentage shot on most equipment.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
redhell said:

This sort of thing -- like Hendy says, lining up the shot with a slight angle, then using a strong draw stroke to force the front ball forward while two-railing the back ball, and drawing the cue ball straight back. The slight angle of the shot puts a little 'twist' on the back ball which sends it approximately on the two rail path shown. It takes a good accurate draw stroke and friendly conditions :) maybe that's why I don't play it much :) :)

You'd want to practice it on a pretty similar table before using it in an actual game that meant something -- to get the right placement of the cue down; the right speed to bring the back ball down near your pocket; and the right stroke to force the head ball while bringing the cue ball back near the end rail (but not in the upper corner pocket!)

START(
%AN9O5%EM6O5%Ph6L2%QB0[4%UQ2O4%Vg6L3%WD4P2%XM0O5%[r2U8%\C4P0
%]F8Z7%^r5V4%eB5b5%f7%g6%_o1I1%`c9K1%aP2O4%bD9Z2%cI9U2%dN6P1
)END

redhell

Thanks John and Steve,

One more thing to fool around while practicing...

Danny Kolacz

>As I mentioned before on an earlier post on this shot, unless you are on new
>cloth or a funny table, you will go busted going for the force shot.

I beg to differ...

>As I mentioned before, I would play just about anybody if they needed two
>and start the game from two balls on the spot & ball in hand and they have
>to shoot this shot.

I would play ANYBODY if they needed 2 and I needed 1 from just about ANY position too :)

-------------

I agree the shot is risky for a lot of people because they do not understand exactly what is transpiring and how their stroke can affect the outcome of the balls. You just can't blast it wildy with draw. Cueball placement in the kitchen is pretty important.

The fact is, it doesn't take a very accurate speed and stroke to get the head ball near the hole. Where the back ball ends up really does not concern me because the other ball is reasonably close to the pocket and thus puts the oponent on the defensive.

There is actually another way to play the same shot so the cueball ends up on your side of the table as to lessen the chances of leaving a cross corner bank. I think this way is rmuch riskier though. Learned it from Joe Salazar....he is a tricky rascal.