help me 3

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
as luck would have it
this break is where i go to the upper corner on his side to double him up or let him shoot
wwyd
help 1.jpg

help 2.jpg

help 3.jpg

help 4.jpg

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Short rail into the 8 might work.
If you take the intentional you’ll end up behind some balls anyways.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
If the 3-ball is frozen or near frozen to the 7-ball in the cluster by the cue ball, I would firmly strike the right side of the 3-ball causing the 7-ball to rebound off the long rail which should force a ball or balls to my side of the table. In the execution of this shot, I would play the cue ball to the end rail on my opponent's side of the table (close to the pocket) while leaving the 8-ball and 2-ball doubled-up and a tough shot on the 12-ball as his only viable scoring opportunities.

beatle

Verified Member
i cant wait too long when he has 8 balls open on his side. im finding some kind of shot to move two or more away or swap to my side.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Shoot the 1 into the 15, follow cue ball to the short/then the long rail park whitey between the 8 ball and the pocket ''frozen to the long rail''. Natural, rolling cue ball, 1 ball caroms towards other pocket.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd sure take a look at punching into the 3 ball at about a 1/2 to 3/4 hit, banking the 7 back into the cluster and knocking stuff loose to my side, while stunning the CB uptable near the corner pocket to double him up on the 2-8.

Honorable mention is the kick off the short rail into the 8. But leaving the opponent that close to his work oftentimes provides him with too many options.

~Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm over cutting the bank on the 6ball and dragging the CB up table to the short rail. Hopefully get one or so near my pocket.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 0

baby huey

Verified Member
It's hard to explain in writing but something off the six ball seems to be the shot here. The two options I see are going through the six ball with right hand spin and letting the cueball roll into the bottom of the eight ball or hitting the six ball thin with left hand spin and catching the rail just before the fifteen ball. You'll probably leave some kind of short rail bank shot but not necessarily if executed properly.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I play this one guy that seems to break like this a lot. I hate it. You can't double the guy up table because of the 12.
I happened to be playing Ike last month and almost the exact layout came up and it was his shot.
He shot super thin super soft off the right side of 6. Cue ball hits the rail and came up almost touching the top side of 15 ball.
it basically stops offensive shots for your opponent.
When I am playing Ike... I ALWAYS pay attention to how he answers the break. Probably the best money I ever spend!

Kybanks

Verified Member
The 3 rail kick behind the 15 is also available which is probably what I would shoot

beatle

Verified Member
i like rods idea if i cant use the 1 to knock the 15 and eight out. i hate leaving the 15 as it will cost you the game at some point and be a big pocket for your opponent to do damage.

you see rods been around the block and he knows if you just leave him safe with no ball by your hole then he isnt safe but for one round. with a ball by your hole he has to overcome that.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Short rail into the 8 might work.
If you take the intentional you’ll end up behind some balls anyways.

Seems the most sensible shot. You want to protect the 9. The 1 15 combo is not good as you cannot predict where object balls and cue ball will exactly land. Besides you open up the banking lane for the 6 and the least he can possible see the 9 to remove from your side and leave you on the stack.

If you know your opponent's flaws and want to take a foul leave him straight in on the combo on his side of the table then thats good. But there again youre exposing your 9 ball which he could take out and send all balls to his side.